• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie from Romania

GhostReaper.408

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2020
Hi, I am a noob from Romania , I took the DDM/SNIPER Course with ESA in Poland in 2019 and between me and tactical Long Range Shooting it was love at first sight ... well not exactly Long Range since the range was only 300m long but I have been lucky cause I've learned from the best instructor ... Still I am a noob and I have registered my self as a member of this forum to learn about rifles, ammo, gear,books to read, clubs near me or in EU and Long Range Shooting from people far more experienced than me.

welcome from delaware . have to ask what is the shooting sceen like in your country do you all have a lot of shooting clubs or places to go and shoot ?

Reactions: 338dude
Welcome to the forums from Middle Georgia USA. Am a fan of your nation's weapons industry heritage. Good to have you here. There are so many different pools of knowledge to dive into. Have at it Brother and I look forward to reading posts and articles from you and maybe other countrymen with the passion for freedom's marksmen to stand in the gap...

welcome from delaware . have to ask what is the shooting sceen like in your country do you all have a lot of shooting clubs or places to go and shoot ?
That is a big issue in Romania , as an ex communist Country that is part of EU at the time we have hybrid neo-communist laws and there is no real chance for a passionate or a true LR shooter to practice like he/she should .... actually not even for a pistol shooter . Imagine that i live in a country where you need a gun permit for BB and rubber guns , only people (civilians) allowed to defend themselves by firearms are ex police officers or judges and prosecutors .
The biggest manufacturer in my country is Romarm http://romarm.ro/product_category/small-arms-and-ammunition/ they used to do good stuffbut IDK now if they are still doing good job ... the best Scope Manufacturer is IOR which is almost as good as NightForce but I own only a Vortex and a Bushnell, I have tried IOR in a 100m shooting range but i was'nt that impressed . Romarm used to do a very good Romanian version of SVD Dragunov 7.62 .
Problems with clubs in Romania is that they most of them are owned by people who wants/likes to hear themselves speaking and treat you like an idiot if you did courses outside the country (cause it's obvious you did not do the courses with them) . Most of the clubs are very strict about talking military ... it is forbidden and you will be "Excomunicado" :))) also it is forbidden to do tactical shooting with Sniper rifle (like for example run, throw yourself in position and shoot or even to do static sync shooting) .... in fact only "tactical" shooting you are allowed to do it is within an IDPA club or match .
I try to go as often as i can to go for LRS sessions in Serbia which is 500km away but with this quarantine i don't know about the session programmed for later this year.
Bottom line, about Long Range Shooting in Romania for an average payd citizen passionate about LRS are two ways :

1- Easy way - Rent a rifle from the shooting range accompanied by a shooting range employee , go to 50m range so that the employee makes sure you can shoot, then you go to 104m shooting range and shoot ... but there are a few tricks with renting the rifle : You are not allowed to adjust the parallax on the scope; You are not allowed to dial on the scope even if you see that the rifle does not shoot where you aim ; The only position you are allowed to shoot from seated in a chair with the rifle on a table and you pay like 80$ for 20 bullets .
2 - *Hard Way - You take the hunting courses for 1 year no matter if you want to be or not a hunter ... if you want a long rifle you have to be a hunter so after a year long course while you shoot 10 bullets all year and the rest is theory you will go and take a 30 day course for 300$ for handling and shooting guns (not proper terminology "Guns" cause actually you shoot a Jeco Cal LR22 ) in 30 days you will learn stories , legislation, more stories and you will shoot 5 bullets wit LR22 Cal . After all that you will have to pay like 400$ annual fee to the hunting club and like 60$ to police to release your licence to own a long rifle .

So you face 2 choices Spend more Time or Spend much more Money .
* The problem with the hard way is bad legislation i mean even after all the struggle if a neighbor sees you with the gun (or maybe he does not see you but he knows you own one and he wants to do you harm) and he goes to the police saying that he does not feel safe the police will come and will give you a 2500$ fee and then cancel oyur permit for 5 years same goes in the case your gun is stolen or lost .

So in Romania , hunting is pretty much the only place where you can use .308 or 338 Lapua Magnum to shoot further than 100m altough it is noth ethical, most of the clubs lack of dedicated instructors that treats noobs like sh*t if they did not take LRS courses with them and there aren't many clubs ... But there are still guys like me or better than me who are realy passionate about Long Range Shooting and fight against the impossible odds to practice free what they love.

that sort of stinks considering all the different really neat firearms and firearm related items made in your country , to me would feel like living in one of those picture esk German cities that make chocolate and not being able to eat and enjoy any except in secret . well one could hope you will be able to enjoy your firearms one day good luck and thanks for taking the time to answer that question .

That is a big issue in Romania , as an ex communist Country that is part of EU at the time we have hybrid neo-communist laws and there is no real chance for a passionate or a true LR shooter to practice like he/she should .... actually not even for a pistol shooter . Imagine that i live in a country where you need a gun permit for BB and rubber guns , only people (civilians) allowed to defend themselves by firearms are ex police officers or judges and prosecutors .
The biggest manufacturer in my country is Romarm http://romarm.ro/product_category/small-arms-and-ammunition/ they used to do good stuffbut IDK now if they are still doing good job ... the best Scope Manufacturer is IOR which is almost as good as NightForce but I own only a Vortex and a Bushnell, I have tried IOR in a 100m shooting range but i was'nt that impressed . Romarm used to do a very good Romanian version of SVD Dragunov 7.62 .
Problems with clubs in Romania is that they most of them are owned by people who wants/likes to hear themselves speaking and treat you like an idiot if you did courses outside the country (cause it's obvious you did not do the courses with them) . Most of the clubs are very strict about talking military ... it is forbidden and you will be "Excomunicado" :))) also it is forbidden to do tactical shooting with Sniper rifle (like for example run, throw yourself in position and shoot or even to do static sync shooting) .... in fact only "tactical" shooting you are allowed to do it is within an IDPA club or match .
I try to go as often as i can to go for LRS sessions in Serbia which is 500km away but with this quarantine i don't know about the session programmed for later this year.
Bottom line, about Long Range Shooting in Romania for an average payd citizen passionate about LRS are two ways :

1- Easy way - Rent a rifle from the shooting range accompanied by a shooting range employee , go to 50m range so that the employee makes sure you can shoot, then you go to 104m shooting range and shoot ... but there are a few tricks with renting the rifle : You are not allowed to adjust the parallax on the scope; You are not allowed to dial on the scope even if you see that the rifle does not shoot where you aim ; The only position you are allowed to shoot from seated in a chair with the rifle on a table and you pay like 80$ for 20 bullets .
2 - *Hard Way - You take the hunting courses for 1 year no matter if you want to be or not a hunter ... if you want a long rifle you have to be a hunter so after a year long course while you shoot 10 bullets all year and the rest is theory you will go and take a 30 day course for 300$ for handling and shooting guns (not proper terminology "Guns" cause actually you shoot a Jeco Cal LR22 ) in 30 days you will learn stories , legislation, more stories and you will shoot 5 bullets wit LR22 Cal . After all that you will have to pay like 400$ annual fee to the hunting club and like 60$ to police to release your licence to own a long rifle .

* The problem with the hard way is bad legislation i mean even after all the struggle if a neighbor sees you with the gun (or maybe he does not see you but he knows you own one and he wants to do you harm) and he goes to the police saying that he does not feel safe the police will come and will give you a 2500$ fee and then cancel oyur permit for 5 years same goes in the case your gun is stolen or lost .

So in Romania , hunting is pretty much the only place where you can use .308 or 338 Lapua Magnum to shoot further than 100m altough it is noth ethical, most of the clubs lack of dedicated instructors that treats noobs like sh*t if they did not take LRS courses with them and there aren't many clubs ... But there are still guys like me or better than me who are realy passionate about Long Range Shooting and fight against the impossible odds to practice free what they love.

move to the USA, we need more people like you

Buna seara Fratele GhostReaper from N Texas. Have made many trips across the pond to beautiful Romania and your countrymen have a special place in my heart! Welcome aboard good Sir!!

Was on duty at a US Mission when the teletype started clicking away reporting Nikolai Ceaucescu and wife had been victims of a short range shooting.

As I read it I was like "Holy Fuck!"

Never thought that fucker would get his due.

Since the end of the Cold War eastern Europe has been a better friend to the US than western Europe. Poland especially.

Welcome to the Hide.

Vote your way out of the EU.

RomExit!

Stop bitching and go shooting. I know a hand full of long range shooters from Romania with good results in European competition...so....man up and go shooting.

Hi, I am a noob from Romania , I took the DDM/SNIPER Course with ESA in Poland in 2019 and between me and tactical Long Range Shooting it was love at first sight ... well not exactly Long Range since the range was only 300m long but I have been lucky cause I've learned from the best instructor ... Still I am a noob and I have registered my self as a member of this forum to learn about rifles, ammo, gear,books to read, clubs near me or in EU and Long Range Shooting from people far more experienced than me.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee