• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

newbie from WI

therookie

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2010
didn't see a "new members intro" thread, so i hope this is the place. If not, mods, feel free to move.

tons of awesome info here! I have been lurking for a little while and finally decided to join. Will probably not post much, but will have the occasional question that i cannot find the answer to by searching. i am new to long rang range shooting, actually any type of rifle shooting for that matter. Been a shotgun guy my whole life. Thought I would try something new and jumped in with both feet. Got myself a DPMS mini SASS and outfitted it with a Leupold Mark AR 4-12x40. I also picked up a DPMS LR-308, more of an impulse buy there, LOL! 24" threaded barrel, JP trigger, and a nightforce 5.5-22x56. came with the Pardus stock, but i have a magpul prs for it. I threw a miculek compensator on the end for now, but am contemplating going with a supressor. hopefully it shoots as well as it looks. I haven't shot either gun yet. The bugs are so bad that I cannot go to the woods, and my weekends have been too busy to get to the range. soon though!