• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Newbie help.

tap&rack_TXinfidel

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2012
Austin, TX USA
Hey guys, I am newer to bolt gun shooting. Recently I have puchased 2 remington XCR tacticals, one in .223 20'', the other in .308 26". I think I am going to leave the stock as is on the .223 for work (L.E.) However on the .308 I am going to put a Manners T4 or T4a. I see that StockysStocks has them ready to ship but I need to know what barrel inlet to select. Obviously this is not a standard factory sporter, and it is not a 5R, do I select the Sendero/Varmint barrel inlet?

One more thing that I'm worried about, is the first time I took the .308 out to 300 yards I shot one of the best groups in my life with it. it measured about 1.2" and since this stick will consistantly shoot sub 1/2 moa I am afraid the stock swap will mess the accuracy. Also, if I have no use for the detach mag, is the non-chasis one still a good stock?

A properly bedded Manners will not hurt your accuracy one bit. I believe the varmint contour is a little larger than you barrel profile. The larger channel won't hurt anything. You can measure the diameter of your barrel then call Stockys and verify with them. The non chassis version is still a good stock. The advantage of the mini chassis is that it does not need to be bedded. If you don't mind the little extra weight I would go with the T4-A. It is easier to have the adjustable cheek piece and not use it then realize you should have gotten it and have to modify your stock. I have 3 T4-A stocks. 2 have the mini chassis and one does not. The one without the mini chassis is fully bedded.

Just Give them a call. They will be able to tell you which one you need to order.