• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Newbie Help

Bcm86

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Miramar, Florida
So when the Rem 700 sps tac came out about 5 years ago i bought one with Leupold MK4 base and rings and finaly last week just bought the scope for it(I know 5 years). I have other projects so it was the redheaded child in my safe for awhile. Well mounting everythingon it seems great except my base, I do not think it is a 20moa it looks to be perfectly straight from rear to front. Anyway I can tell? I measure front and rear and they seem to be the same height.

Thank You

Re: Newbie Help

The rear base should be noticeably higher than the front. Depending on your plans for the rifle, a flat base might work for you. If not, there are plenty of 20moa bases to chose from.

Thank you. Leupold cs said both bases have a slight cant built into them...my intentions is a lightweight setup for 100-1k yards so i believe i will need a 20moa base. Scope is mark4 m3, stock willl be hsp pst086 with williams bottom metal

its a 2 pieces base, i used my redneck skills of a ruler lol

with a level it seems to ave no cant...thanks for everyones help, if anyone is selling a mk4 base im intersted