• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Newbie looking for a .308 that fits my needs

jamesa184

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2010
United States
I am new to long range shooting and am in the market for a new .308. I will be shooting paper out to 1000yds and also want to use the rifle for hunting deer and hogs. Eventually I would like to hand load and shoot in some local competitions once i gain experience. I was looking at the FN SPR A3 G which has everything i am looking for but it is a tad heavy for hunting and i am more familiar with a 700 action. Some of the factory remington rifles I am interested in include the XCR tactical long range and the 700p. My price range is $1500 to $2000 for the rifle. I will put either a NF 5.5-22 x 50 NXS or a Trijicon AccuPoint on the rifle later on. I am open to any suggestions and I have looked over older posts but am looking for more directed answers to my questions. Thanks, -James.

Re: Newbie looking for a .308 that fits my needs

if your interested in am building a 308 on a fn spr action with manner t4 carbon with 20" fluted barrle that should be noticably lighter than the a3g and will have a custom barrel instead, along with cdi bottom metal to run aics mags. let me know if you are interested because it will be done in a couple weeks.

Re: Newbie looking for a .308 that fits my needs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your interested in am building a 308 on a fn spr action with manner t4 carbon with 20" fluted barrle that should be noticably lighter than the a3g and will have a custom barrel instead, along with cdi bottom metal to run aics mags. let me know if you are interested because it will be done in a couple weeks. </div></div>

Yes, I would actually! That sounds pretty close to what i am looking for. What kinda barrel is it, has there been any work done to the action, is the stock adjustable or fixed?