• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie looking for the right scope

Nocatchem

Nocatch'em
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
Rexburg, idaho
Hey all, thanks for responding. With in a few weeks I will be receiving my JP enterprise LRP -07 6.5 creedmoor. I need help on how to tell my wife. Hahha, a lot of truth said in jest. I am struggling on the right scope. I a review, it was suggested to get Schmidt and bender 5x25/50 ultra short. They are pricey. I am for a more affordable alternative. Any suggests with some links.

Any Scope thats made in Japan is a good start ... most of the Higher end stuff for Vortex, Nightforce and Leupold are made in Japan by premiere optics companies ... You just need to decide which company offers the features you want.

I always recommend Sightron SIII series for those who are on a budget. IMO the best bang for the buck out there. Made in Japan.

Schmidt makes great stuff but your paying for their booming economy. If you want to keep Americans working the Vortex AMG ...

Congratulations on your JP purchase. You will enjoy that rifle.
It's my opinion a rifle of that quality deserves scope of high quality. I'd be looking at something from S&B or a NF ATACR of your perfered power range if it were me.
As to your question about a Horus reticle, I personally prefer the TReMoR3 but a H59 would do the job as well.

Reactions: Nocatchem
Congratulations on your JP purchase. You will enjoy that rifle.
It's my opinion a rifle of that quality deserves scope of high quality. I'd be looking at something from S&B or a NF ATACR of your perfered power range if it were me.
As to your question about a Horus reticle, I personally prefer the TReMoR3 but a H59 would do the job as well.
Thanks a ton! I am wanting to invest in a nice scope. On the snipers hide review he really liked the S&B 5-25x50 ultra short for a semi automatic rifle, was a good match. I’m pretty much target shooting at distance. I went to observe my first 1000 yard match this weekend, I did not see any semi auto there. Also, you are nice to respond. Thanks

For your consderation I have a two month old Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 5-20x50 EBR-2B Mil with illumination and Sphur mount. Includes Vortex flip caps, Bubble level and Mag throw lever. Box and all paper work. Been to the range three times and only sixty rounds fired. As new, no marks or blemishes. $1600.00 plus shipping of your choice, insurance and signature required.
DannC

Choosing an optic is very frustrating, I just about put my head through a wall deciding on and optic for my recent ar build. And it seemed like my budget just kept going up. If you want an ultra short the new kahles k318i is really nice and I like the look, features and reticles of the zco420.

Reactions: Nocatchem
I have a Bushnell Elite DMR2 as well as a Vortex viper PST gen 2 5-25x50 ffp for sale if your interested. Both would be perfect for what you want and 1/3 of the price of the S&B ultra short.

Choosing an optic is very frustrating, I just about put my head through a wall deciding on and optic for my recent ar build. And it seemed like my budget just kept going up. If you want an ultra short the new kahles k318i is really nice and I like the look, features and reticles of the zco420.
kahles k318i, great looking scope. Some nice reviews on this scope. Thanks