• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Newbie NV scope question

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
Is there a NV scope on the market that will work out to 400ish yds in the 1000 dollar ballpark? If not what is the cheapest reliable unit on the market?

Is there a NV scope on the market that will work out to 400ish yds in the 1000 dollar ballpark? If not what is the cheapest reliable unit on the market?

No there are no "cheap" night vision options. Clip ons to add to your scope run at least 7k. A cheap option would be a pvs-14 mounted to your weapon. 400yds is going to require gen3 so about 2500 plus an eotech plus a 3x magnifier which is good for .223. 300aac about 2900, and 308 about 4200. There are some new CCD Nightvision options such as the DFA-75 for a couple grand but 400 would be pushing it. Go rob a bank and them come back with your questions. Lol

Actually the WASP is probably going to be your best option for 400yd at $5k I believe. It's not out yet.

Are you hunting hogs in Indiana? I'm from Indy and would love to know of a spot to hunt hogs.

Last edited:
No there are no "cheap" night vision options. Clip ons to add to your scope run at least 7k. A cheap option would be a pvs-14 mounted to your weapon. 400yds is going to require gen3 so about 2500 plus an eotech plus a 3x magnifier which is good for .223. 300aac about 2900, and 308 about 4200. There are some new CCD Nightvision options such as the DFA-75 for a couple grand but 400 would be pushing it. Go rob a bank and them come back with your questions. Lol

Actually the WASP is probably going to be your best option for 400yd at $5k I believe. It's not out yet.

Are you hunting hogs in Indiana? I'm from Indy and would love to know of a spot to hunt hogs.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I do alot of night coyote hunting, and was thinking about getting a NV unit for my ar. Right now I have a Vortex Razor on it, in qd mounts so I was thinking of doing 2 scopes for 1 rifle. I own a optics business, but know next to nothing about NV. What unit were you refering to in the 2500 dollar price range?