• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Newbie question

Spurlockda

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2012
China Lake, CA
Please forgive the question but I'm trying to learn. Why am I seeing some ammo marketed as HPBT and others as BTHP. They seem the same to me. HSM Custom Plus .308 ammo is listed as HPBT and the Hornady is listed as the BTHP. I hope I'm not getting hung up on stupid questions.

Re: Newbie question

Don't stop. I'm an IDIOT, and I ask Dumb questions, all the time. When your face is that close to a "potential problem", there isn't a REAL dumb question!I just got done pulling a hundred bullets, cause I read the wrong Data line. Thank God, I triple checked.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the good responses and the humor. Those of you in the Navy will recognize my call sign with the LDO => you know what that stands for, right? Loud, Dumb, Obnoxious :) for me it feels like the dumb part is the most applicable as I learn more. But I will learn and hopefully will become dam good!

Thanks again and now off to more forum threads for a learning frenzy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's just how whomever wrote the ad wrote it, HPBT/BTHP... same/same </div></div>I suppose that it depends on how you look at it: Tip first makes it a HPBT; base first would make it a BTHP.
laugh.gif

"<span style="font-style: italic">They seem the same to me.</span>"

They are.

And if you load flat base bullets up-side down you'll have Boat Tail Wad Cutters that will cut very clean holes in targets. (Us ol' airmen are always ready to help our poor young squid brothers with this here technical stuff!)