• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie requests rifle recommendation

lurky

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2011
Hello
I’d like to learn long distance shooting and there is an outdoor range nearby.
I only have experience with pistol.
Can someone recommend a rifle thats reliable but not high-end expensive.
Thanks

Re: Newbie requests rifle recommendation

holy dogshit batman........I'd love to give ya my opinion but would need alot more info,

what is "long range"?

what is "not high end expensive"?

what type of shooting?

price range?

are you old enough to buy said rifle?

Paging BOLTRIPPER....... we have a cleanup on aisle 1

Seriously - pay the money and watch the online training videos.

are you retarded?

can you read?

hows your research skills?

Where is the impala eating popcorn?

But just a quick answer before you get your feelings hurt. Look into the Savage line-up. They have multiple offerings from 223 to 338

Dude you are soooooo F****D!!!!! I reccommend a 10/22 with pikn tassels and a counter sniper scope = True Internet Sniper!!!

arod-diaz.gif

Do all you Hide vets watch for the Noob posts? Cause it's like flies to sh*t

Funny stuff so far.

#1 - What's your total budget, use real numbers and include total budget for rifle/scope/accessories, say $1,500? $2,500?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all you Hide vets watch for the Noob posts? Cause it's like flies to sh*t </div></div>

Why yes.....

And you are?

whistle.gif

Man, I live for these moments.
Do complete your profile first.

Second, if you're panties get bunched up from the replies, it's been nice knowing ya!

Third, if they aren't bunched up, there is a ton of good advice here, even from these ball busters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all you Hide vets watch for the Noob posts? Cause it's like flies to sh*t </div></div>

Why yes.....

And you are?

whistle.gif
</div></div>

Nobody special, are you?

And noob that tries to read before posting. With thick skin so sarcasim dosen't get to me. Much worse things out there than some d!ck behind a keyboard flauting their knowledge. IMHO

I too came hear to learn, I just got some early help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A noob that tries to read before posting. With thick skin so <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">sarcasim</span></span> dosen't get to me. Much worse things out there than some d!ck behind a keyboard <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF6666">flauting</span></span> their knowledge. IMHO

I too came <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">hear</span></span> to learn, I just got some early help. </div></div>

Sarcasm, flaunting, here....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A noob that tries to read before posting. With thick skin so <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">sarcasim</span></span> dosen't get to me. Much worse things out there than some d!ck behind a keyboard <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF6666">flauting</span></span> their knowledge. IMHO

I too came <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">hear</span></span> to learn, I just got some early help. </div></div>

Sarcasm, flaunting, here.... </div></div>

And obviously help spelling
smile.gif

Buy Savage LRP an put the Rem's to-bed!!
243,6.5-creedmore,260 Rem or
10-FCP 308win.
Most bang you will get out of your Bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paging BOLTRIPPER....... we have a cleanup on aisle 1</div></div>

I've seen this reference to BOLTRIPPER a couple times. What does it mean?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvsdev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paging BOLTRIPPER....... we have a cleanup on aisle 1</div></div>

I've seen this reference to BOLTRIPPER a couple times. What does it mean?!</div></div>

BOLTRIPPER is the director of HR and the official Snipershide.com Welcoming Committee Chairperson.

i also do body waxing and bi-weekly leg shaving to all the Hide's Hot females, ....the ones that complete their profile of course

don't EVEN think about hacking this comment ..... or I'll declare my undying love for Jasonk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAT5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll just start, Complete your profile #1... </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I live for these moments. Do complete your profile first.</div></div>
You only need to fill-out your profile if you want to sell something:

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Rules for posting in the Sniper's Hide Post Exchange Section</span>:

2. <span style="font-style: italic">You must fill out your profile with a city, state, and email address in your profile.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sarcasm, flaunting, here.... </div></div>

Winning!

mods should just ban those that ask this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mods should just ban those that ask this! </div></div>

Or at least temp ban till they read the rules and go through a search tutorial....

What you need is a very powerful and fast cartridge. I'd recommend at least a 338 Lapua Magnum, if not a 408 Cheytac or 50BMG. No better way to learn than with the real deal. Hell, its what the real snipers use! Top if off with a nice Barska or Tasco or Simmons scope with as much magnification as you can afford. Illuminated reticle is a big plus! Let us know how it goes!