• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Newbie suppressor question.

Charlesmp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Ok so I am new here so go easy.
Does anyone make a stainless steel (not black) suppressor?

Thanks.

Re: Newbie suppressor question.

Sorry I guess I should have said for a .223/5.56. The only ones I can find are black. Thanks for the help though.

i'd wager that if you contacted the manufacturer of the can you choose they could leave it in the white for you, be my suggestion because your trying to dictate which can you choose by its finish, and thats just redunkulous

Paint or paint stripper (chemical or mechanical) would be your best bet.

Personally, finish would be one of the lowest things on the priority list when picking a suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlesmp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just want it to match the barrel if possible. </div></div>

wrong02.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd wager that if you contacted the manufacturer of the can you choose they could leave it in the white for you, be my suggestion because your trying to dictate which can you choose by its finish, and thats just redunkulous </div></div>

Is that what I am doing? Or am I willing to pay more for a quailty can in the finish that I want?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlesmp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd wager that if you contacted the manufacturer of the can you choose they could leave it in the white for you, be my suggestion because your trying to dictate which can you choose by its finish, and thats just redunkulous </div></div>

Is that what I am doing? </div></div>

Seems to be the case...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlesmp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does anyone make a stainless steel (not black) suppressor?
</div></div>

Ross Precision Gunworks makes them in either stainless or titanium and will leave them in the white if you would like. Very good suppressors as well. I left my Ti 308 can in the white.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlesmp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd wager that if you contacted the manufacturer of the can you choose they could leave it in the white for you, be my suggestion because your trying to dictate which can you choose by its finish, and thats just redunkulous </div></div>

Is that what I am doing? Or am I willing to pay more for a quailty can in the finish that I want?</div></div>

why not buy a quality barrel to match your can? now theres a chinese riddle for that ass

Why are you busting this guys balls? He asked a reasonably simple question and you're trying to make a cunt out of him.

Is this the "don't attack the new guys" response to the sticky in the hunting forum?

Charles, there's a ton of good info here and some great deals in the post exchange. I don't have any info for you, just felt you were taking a bit too much heat for your question.

Cheers,
Breeze

Best thing to do is get on the manufactures site and see if they have a can you want and then the options (like colors).

If your local dealer does not have one or is an ass you can find another close by and have it ordered and (Colored) to your liking and transferred to them.

Just be prepared for the long wait.

Don't skimp on your equipment esp. suppressors, you more than likely will have it for life. Remember you get what you pay for.

Hope that helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are you busting this guys balls? He asked a reasonably simple question and you're trying to make a cunt out of him.

Is this the "don't attack the new guys" response to the sticky in the hunting forum?

Charles, there's a ton of good info here and some great deals in the post exchange. I don't have any info for you, just felt you were taking a bit too much heat for your question.

Cheers,
Breeze

</div></div>

are you serious right now? (looking around for candid camera folk)

you wanna throw out a bullshit "attack the new member" flag?
you yourself said you have nothing to add just coming to the defense? why not let the MODS do their job hero.

if anything was an attack on charles then by all means Mike, Rob, Chiller, JasonK smite me down with a ban hammer pimp slap!

the OP said "the only ones i can find are black" which leads us to believe that its the finish he's looking for and not the specs. I only point this out as, per my advice, this is the wrong approach. He should pic a can that suits his needs weather it be DB reduction, size, cost and from there figure out how to get the finish he desires.

BTW, an attack would look something like "hey dipshit, why not do some research and stop asking to be spoon fed, oh and also your question is retarded, kinda like does this can make my barrel look fat" did this happen, NO he was given sincere advice. And if speaking of the chinese riddle, well that was a joke, and not even a joke making fun of anyone

The first implication here by the OP is that mfrs are putting colored finishes on the outside of their cans because the cans are low quality and they are trying to hide it.

The second implication is that the OP is more concerned about cosmetics than function when selecting a suppressor.

On top of that, Jay's specific infliction is a whole nuther subject, probably best left for a different thread.

We've always offered bare beadblasted Ti as a finish option. They do look neat and distinctive, but develop a variable "tarnish" (for lack of a better term) due to oils that accumulate and heat/cooling cycles.

It might just be me but when spending the coin and time involved for a suppressor I want it to last and therefore I want it finished. I would be inclined to tell you to get a finished can of your color choice and then finish the barrel in that same color. Rust and color variation are not to be toyed with!

Charles,

Contact Doug at SRT Arms and ask him, of all my suppressors, I like the SRT Integral the best. I'm pretty sure, if you set it up ahead of time, he'd do what you're looking for.

www.srtarms.com

VJ,
You made a lot of assumptions. How's this "You're right and I'm wrong" You feel better?

Breeze

They do make colored Cerakote, Duracoat, or whatever your hearts desires are. I'd still say pick the suppressor you are going to be happy with not what color a manufacturers paints their cans. And if you shoot enough, it's going to be covered by a suppressor cover anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might just be me but when spending the coin and time involved for a suppressor I want it to last and therefore I want it finished. I would be inclined to tell you to get a finished can of your color choice and then finish the barrel in that same color. Rust and color variation are not to be toyed with!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charles,

Contact Doug at SRT Arms and ask him, of all my suppressors, I like the SRT Integral the best. I'm pretty sure, if you set it up ahead of time, he'd do what you're looking for.

www.srtarms.com

VJ,
You made a lot of assumptions. How's this "You're right and I'm wrong" You feel better?

Breeze </div></div>

These two observations/suggestions are without doubt the best advice thus far in this thread! Doug is top shelf all the way. I have several of his cans and all are super. He is perfectly willing to get you what you want, and will do all he can to help you out.

As for bashing new guys, have you ever noticed that it usually comes from super-seasoned veterans of the forum who have been here all of a year or so themselves? If you don't have anything of merit to offer - STFU.

Thanks for all of the info guys.

I did look around the internet trying to find some .223 suppressors in the finish I wanted. Anything that was not cheap was finished in black, so part of the reason I was asking the original question was I thought there might be a reason for that.

As far as quality goes, I never said I would sacrifice quality for finish. Because the truth is, that if I have to pay more to get what I want in a quality can, I will.

If people want to bash me for being new or not having as much knowledge as they do, so be it. They do not have to share anything they do not want to. D-Bags are D-bags for a reason.

I did take the advice of a few of you, I contacted several manufactures and they have told me they can make what I want.

Anyways, thanks for the all helpful post and PMs. I was prepared to spend a lot more that I am going to have to as it turns out, because I emailed the manufactures.

contact Mike at HTG Silencers they offer all there centerfire cans in the white as well as painted