• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newest AR build WOOD!

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
So I built this AR for a friend in Washington state. All of the furniture handguard, stock and grip were made from scratch by me. The wood is curly shadua from the ivory coast of Africa. The handguard has a core of 3mm thick carbon fiber. This is not the final rifle. The upper is 100% done but he has the lower. The upper and lower receivers are Wilson billet receivers. I don't have the lower because I'm not an FFL. So I assembled all of his parts on one of my lowers to tune in the gas block and test it out before I ship the parts off. The barrel is a salient 14.5”. It has a silent capture buffer and a light weight BCG. I also made him a custom Wilson logo mag release on my lathe. The mag release is shown on ”my” Wilson upper and lower set which is not billet. It's all I could find with this AR shortage going on

What do you guys think

Attachments

• 3329B32D-C14D-47D0-9997-60A64362ED79.jpeg
    3329B32D-C14D-47D0-9997-60A64362ED79.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 2D69413C-E522-48BA-A779-584D38F297B2.jpeg
    2D69413C-E522-48BA-A779-584D38F297B2.jpeg
    654.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 2A7B9F33-4ABD-426B-90C2-28E0A7AF6F93.jpeg
    2A7B9F33-4ABD-426B-90C2-28E0A7AF6F93.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 3845DC9B-9AA8-4DEF-B43F-1AC564DB5904.jpeg
    3845DC9B-9AA8-4DEF-B43F-1AC564DB5904.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 341
I forgot to mention you will notice the break is on sideways. I had not tightened it down yet. I purchased the proper wrench on the way to the range. I just took the photos before I tightened it down

Wow man. That is excellent work. I’m a woodworker myself. I built high end pieces for architects for a couple of years at one point. Anyway, I’ve seen attempts at using wood components with ARs before and I never liked them. This, on the other hand, is rather excellent. That’s very fine work. Kudos to you.

Lou

Dayummm. That is a classy looking AR. Good job on it.

now you just have to make 10's of thousands of those , make it into a kit and sell them lol , you can do it and you can be a rich man too . If you build it some one will buy it . Other wise it looks real nice congrats .

I have been thinking about trying something like this, your post may kick it over the edge, great work!

Reactions: eli polite
I've made a few nice tables, but damn... thats on another level lol.

Sooooo much sanding hahaha

looks cool. Like the build kit. I do hate, and I mean hate lightweight bcgs. So snappy. You have to tune the gas down and with it your reliability IME. Very small window of optimal gas. Unlike a standard with h2/3. Lately I've really been on a kick with LMT enhanced carrier. I haven't tried Surefire is but I really like the idea of giving the system more time to unlock.

I wouldnt use it for HD but range fun. Hell ya.

I forgot to mention you will notice the break is on sideways. I had not tightened it down yet. I purchased the proper wrench on the way to the range. I just took the photos before I tightened it down
Thank god... I kept looking at that, trying to figure that out. Lol

And ... good job with the wood furniture. I am very impressed.

A part of me is shocked, another part of me is very intrigued. I will follow this to track further developments!

That is beautiful, the wood lines flat out work. Head turner for sure. I’m jealous!

Will it fill my scrotum with splinters when I sleep with it?

Thinking I'd go more for the Israeli FAL wood style.

An LMT SOPMOd would flow better, the wood on the stock is a bridge too far.

Thank you for being different though, I love when I get a woody.

That is beautiful craftsmanship! Well done, something like that would look amazing next to an old Winchester and a garand in a glass gun case.

So I built this AR for a friend in Washington state. All of the furniture handguard, stock and grip were made from scratch by me. The wood is curly shadua from the ivory coast of Africa. The handguard has a core of 3mm thick carbon fiber. This is not the final rifle. The upper is 100% done but he has the lower. The upper and lower receivers are Wilson billet receivers. I don't have the lower because I'm not an FFL. So I assembled all of his parts on one of my lowers to tune in the gas block and test it out before I ship the parts off. The barrel is a salient 14.5”. It has a silent capture buffer and a light weight BCG. I also made him a custom Wilson logo mag release on my lathe. The mag release is shown on ”my” Wilson upper and lower set which is not billet. It's all I could find with this AR shortage going on

What do you guys think

Will it burst into flames on a mag dump? :p

Looks awesome. My brother has wanted a wood furniture AR. Wanna build another set?