• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newish to the Hide!!!

Dakom

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2019
Tennessee
Hey guys, I am newish to Snipers Hide. (made an account but never really posted anything) I am a bit ahead of the newbie but still have a lot to learn. I started shooting distance about a year ago, started by stretching my legs to 500yds, never thought I would even be able to see a target that far lol. I made a hit on my 2nd shot with the help of a friend with experience shooting accurately at 500yds. After hearing that steel plate ring... like the Liberty Bell... I was hooked! I currently have 2 rifles in .308 that I shoot distance with and now have access to 1250yd range.
I made my first trip down there last weekend and was able to consistently hit 750yds wich is my current max distance and honestly, about the max distance my load can do (168 SMK) Laugh it up guys chalk it up to another person learned about the 168's the hard way lol. I look forward to picking some of y'alls brains on this great hobby.

Welcome
And the 168's are bad ass till they're not.
My son has a problem chamber / gun all it likes is the 168 smk.
Ruger tactical.
Will not eat the hornady eld's.

Like your story, getting ready soon to start playing with my 308 (LMT MWS 16” Chrome) just got the scope (ZCO 527/3), Spuhr, waiting on Aadmount caps then cut the pelican. Going to be fun settling into it. Then I can find out, too. I think by now I know I’ll want change to a longer barrel and diff caliber probably, and I already feel the want for a bolt gun I like, MAYBE, lol. Welcome thanks for your intro, from SC. 🤙

Reactions: DustBun
Welcome from CO