• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next 6mm Seekins Havak Hit or Bergara Comp

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
Looking at getting a 6mm Creed or 6 GT for next rifle. I don't do competitions but I just pretend by myself. So just a long range bench or field shooting gun. Looking at 6mm for the low recoil and high bc bullets.

Originally looking at the Seekins Havak Hit because of price, side folder, and interchangeable barrels. Thought getting a 223 barrel would make this a prairie dog package. I know it's not a gun or action that is talked about a lot but I think it's appealing to me.

Then I see Bergara come out with the 6gt in there competition version with premiere action. I have a Bergara Premier hmr in 223 and love it. So I like the action, but lacks quick change barrel. But honestly I probably won't shoot out the barrel. Comes with MPA chassis which I've never handled but looks a bit more ergonomic than the Havak. I'm really more of a stock guy, had a KRG X-ray and never liked it so I sold it. If I don't like the MPA I could drop it in anything else where the Havak isn't a 700 clone.

Bergara or Seekins? 6 creed or 6 GT?

Reactions: Terry Cross
Looking at getting a 6mm Creed or 6 GT for next rifle. I don't do competitions but I just pretend by myself. So just a long range bench or field shooting gun. Looking at 6mm for the low recoil and high bc bullets.

Originally looking at the Seekins Havak Hit because of price, side folder, and interchangeable barrels. Thought getting a 223 barrel would make this a prairie dog package. I know it's not a gun or action that is talked about a lot but I think it's appealing to me.

Then I see Bergara come out with the 6gt in there competition version with premiere action. I have a Bergara Premier hmr in 223 and love it. So I like the action, but lacks quick change barrel. But honestly I probably won't shoot out the barrel. Comes with MPA chassis which I've never handled but looks a bit more ergonomic than the Havak. I'm really more of a stock guy, had a KRG X-ray and never liked it so I sold it. If I don't like the MPA I could drop it in anything else where the Havak isn't a 700 clone.

Bergara or Seekins? 6 creed or 6 GT?
My vote would be jump into the Seekins.
For a lot of reasons.

Even if you never shoot out a barrel, your available time to get you and your shit to the range to "relax" is limited and valuable. I honestly believe you will appreciate and enjoy the Seekins much more that the Bergara. In the unlikely event you ever need service or a part, the Seekins crew is top shelf legit.

Both rifles will shoot lights out. I have friends with both and they both shoot well.

I like the Seekins hit switch barrel switch bolt face concept a lot. This is the future.

I’d nudge towards a 6GT if you ever plan to shoot prs; 6cm if you plan to shoot past 1,000 with regularity.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
IMG_6074.jpeg

I wanted a Seekins Havok Hit but magazines can over insert and bind the bolt. That’s a deal breaker to me. If Seekins can come up with a fix for that, I’d pick one up most likely.

My vote would be jump into the Seekins.
For a lot of reasons.

Even if you never shoot out a barrel, your available time to get you and your shit to the range to "relax" is limited and valuable. I honestly believe you will appreciate and enjoy the Seekins much more that the Bergara. In the unlikely event you ever need service or a part, the Seekins crew is top shelf legit.

He could try a KMW….. I’ve heard they are pretty ok…..

He could try a KMW….. I’ve heard they are pretty ok…..
The KMW trailer trash is not in the same league as the Seekins or Bergara.

Besides, I don't think he is ready for inbred redneck. ;)

I do appreciate your referral though.
I will have your Mustang Ranch gift card in the mail to you tomorrow per our long standing agreement.

Ok I am aware of the cheekrest adjustment but didn't realize they made rifles, sorry. And yes I don't think the two different products are in the same league.

I wanted a Seekins Havok Hit but magazines can over insert and bind the bolt. That’s a deal breaker to me. If Seekins can come up with a fix for that, I’d pick one up most likely.
Resurrecting a dead thread here but the mag catch is adjustable to fine tune out any feeding issues. I have two HITs and 4 barrels for different cartridges with no issues - mag, bolt, or otherwise. Seekins is a top tier company and would not hesitate to resolve and issues you might experience.

^ When I got mine (an early gun) the mag catch was adjusted ever so slightly off. I couldn't seat a mag with the bolt closed. It didn't bother me, so I took my time making an adjustment.

Honestly any hint of trouble / fussiness went away when I dumped the Magpul mags and bought a metal MDT.

I had three Magpul's and they were picky. This one didn't like this bullet at the OAL, this one didn't like that one etc etc. The MDT doesn't care and they all feed fine.

Last edited:
I got the HIT in 6gt. Have yet to shoot it. Still haven't gotten a scope on it.

Mine came with a Magpul mag. I did cycle some factory Hornady rounds through it to see how it feeds. With the Magpul mag it actually flips the rounds 180 degrees and/or shoves it back down in the mag and jams it up. With a metal AI, Accurate Mag, or MDT it seems to be fine.

I got the HIT in 6gt. Have yet to shoot it. Still haven't gotten a scope on it.

Mine came with a Magpul mag. I did cycle some factory Hornady rounds through it to see how it feeds. With the Magpul mag it actually flips the rounds 180 degrees and/or shoves it back down in the mag and jams it up. With a metal AI, Accurate Mag, or MDT it seems to be fine.

My two AI mags will nosedive a 6GT round down into the mag about once every 30-40 rounds. Not in a HIT, but an AI. It's pretty epic when it happens.

The KMW trailer trash is not in the same league as the Seekins or Bergara.

Besides, I don't think he is ready for inbred redneck. ;)

I do appreciate your referral though.
I will have your Mustang Ranch gift card in the mail to you tomorrow per our long standing agreement.

After reading this, I want to buy one of your rifles.

• Haha
Reactions: Terry Cross