• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

Re: Next Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

I'm in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a conflict. </div></div>
I would have used a different word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a conflict. Everyone shoot straight.</div></div>

What? Do you have to pick up you kilt at the cleaners? There is nothing wrong with wearing shorts or pants you know.

Wish I could afford to pop up there monthly, have fun and shoot well kids!

Oh Great!.....the mover......(must be embarrass Gary month)

On the mover stage you will have to hit the start plate to get the mover moving then shoot the target and then hit the start/stop plate to stop the mover. If you don't stop it you get a 0 on that stage. Lots of hostage targets also.
Here is the course of fire. Don't expect this every match.

Course of fire for June 2011
#1 Mover 300 meters 60 seconds 10 rounds 10 points per hit. Shooter must hit start/stop plate to start the mover and must hit start/stop plate to stop the mover. Failier to stop mover results in a zero for the stage.

#2 Barricades. 500 Meters Start at bottom of hill. 10 rounds, Time 130 seconds
10 points per hit.

#3. Michael Jackson, (med man) 400 meters, 8 rounds, 2 standing, 2 kneeling, 2 sitting, 2 prone unsupported. 120 seconds. 10 points per hit.

#4 KYL 300 meters, 6 rounds max, 60 seconds.
Points are 5,10,15,20,25,30 105 if all hit.

#5 Steel hostage targets at 300 and 400 Meters, ? rounds, ? seconds. 25 points per hit. -10 points for hostage hit Start from prone.

#6 600 yard 3 targets, 3 rounds, 15 seconds, biggest to smallest, 20, 30, 40 points or 100 points if all hit.
Move to paper
#7 Pool balls, 9 rounds, 60 seconds, 10 points per hit 100 if all 8

#8 2 headed hostage, Start from standing 3 rounds at left face strong side, stand up then 3 rounds at right weak side. 60 seconds, 10 points per hit. -5 points for hostage hit.

Stay off the down range berms

Looking forward to it.

I will be there! This will be my first comp so I don't expect much more than to have a great time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lvcatfish</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a conflict. Everyone shoot straight.</div></div>

What? Do you have to pick up you kilt at the cleaners? There is nothing wrong with wearing shorts or pants you know. </div></div>

My five fingers did not match my kilt.....

I hope to be there.

Two more from Phoenix are heading up. See yall at the range in the morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: untouchable13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any Idea of what time the comp will be over? </div></div>
Usually 1-2pm-ish. It also depends on how many people show up

Gonna be there..

Edit.
There are two of us now.
wink.gif

Thanks K & W for a wonderful match. The "Mover" was surely a lot of fun. Can't wait till Sept.

Great match as usual, I really enjoyed shooting with all of you! The mover was especially fun today! Thank you Kurt and Werner for the great time. Congratulations Will, Regina, Mike and Dane!

Big thank you to the prize table contributors;

Kurt Stone with LV Steel Targets
Mark Hartwell with Storm Tactical
"The Cliff" @ New Frontier Armory
Jason Hornady

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone

I had fun, made some friends and learned a lot.

Thanks, and count me a regular.

Ty

Great shooting with you guys today. See ya later in the year when summer is over.
Kudos to Kurt, Werner and the rest of those that helped run the match.
You make it worth the drive from socal.

Good times as always...good luck tomorrow Dane and Joe, and all of you shooting in Prescott tomorrow, I will be laying on my ass by the pool tomorrow!

Great job everyone! It was a fun and safe match. Its pretty awesome to have people from 4 states come out to a local monthly match this time. Thank you Kurt for running these. See ya'll in Sept. Thank you to our Team sponsors for supporting the team: New Frontier Armory , and CERAKOTE Firearms Coatings. Mark & TEAM STORM

About 60 pics now up on our facebook, a sample here:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdSteel260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shooting with you guys today. See ya later in the year when summer is over. Kudos to Kurt, Werner and the rest of those that helped run the match. You make it worth the drive from socal. </div></div>
Glad you guys could come up. Next time lets just shoot this gizmo for 5 hours.. :)
DSCN0658web.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: untouchable13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a great time! Thanks to everyone for the tips and fun! </div></div>
Nick, good meeting you, glad you made it down, here's one of you with the LR308.
DSCN0515web.jpg

Roy and Simon battling the clock on the barricade stage.
DSCN0692web.jpg

Heading to the line. Beautiful weather today.
DSCN0662web.jpg

Timed event from standing to prone.
DSCN0628web.jpg

Briefing. 3gunTim and Regina (and others) came out from AZ. Some shooters came up from SoCal and from Utah too.
DSCN0522webjpg.jpg

Pool Ball and reduced size Hostage Targets, timed drill both firing and support side prone.
DSCN0652web.jpg

Thank you again Kurt and Werner!
DSCN0723web.jpg

Another great match guys. Thank you for your hospitality once again. One of these times someone is going to have to beat Will! I totally enjoyed the mover (especially because I need more practice on those) and loved the set up with it this time, even if the most hits I got on it was stopping it for other folks.

We'll be looking forward to your September match. See you all then.