• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 2.5-10x24 Capped Turrets

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
So I have a lead on one of these scopes, but it has the capped turrets. I realize the rarity of this item in ANY configuration right now, and dont think this will be enough to deter me from procuring it, but I would like some input from guys who have run the capped turrets and how much of an annoyance they are to running this scope. BTW this will be going on an 18" barreled SPR.

What reticle? I have a mil-dot on mine. I zero at 245 yds. and then just use the reticle to range off. No need to adjust the turrets mine are capped.

Remember as this is an SF scope you can only range off at full power, half power and low power.

Last edited:
I don't think capped turrets are a big problem, my 2.5-10X24 had a mildot reticle and zero stops and the last couple times I took it out I just used the reticle to 600 yards. Shooting 77gr SMK's with a 100 yard zero I'm almost exactly 5 mils to 600 yards with my gun so it's simple hold overs. If I'm shooting farther than 600 or shooting small targets then I'll dial in my dope.

I had heard the capped turrets are not waterproof with the caps removed, can anyone comment as to the truth of that rumor?

So I have a lead on one of these scopes, but it has the capped turrets. I realize the rarity of this item in ANY configuration right now, and dont think this will be enough to deter me from procuring it, but I would like some input from guys who have run the capped turrets and how much of an annoyance they are to running this scope. BTW this will be going on an 18" barreled SPR.

What reticle configuration are you looking for?

Is it possible to have an existing nightforce scope w/ capped turrets sent back to the factory
and upgraded to exposed turrets? As an example, say you have an nxs 2.5-10x32 with the
MOAR reticle and capped .25MOA turrets. Could you send this scope back to nightforce and
have it converted to .25MOA non-zero-stop exposed turrets? Just curious.

Is it possible to have an existing nightforce scope w/ capped turrets sent back to the factory
and upgraded to exposed turrets? As an example, say you have an nxs 2.5-10x32 with the
MOAR reticle and capped .25MOA turrets. Could you send this scope back to nightforce and
have it converted to .25MOA non-zero-stop exposed turrets? Just curious.
Wouldn't it be easier to just leave the caps off? That's how I do it when I'm gonna need to be crankin on them a lot.

Wouldn't it be easier to just leave the caps off? That's how I do it when I'm gonna need to be crankin on them a lot.

It was possible with one of my 2.5-10x32 scopes that came with the capped turrets as NF did it for me.

Assuming they could do the same with x24 models.

Call and ask them.

I'm not saying they can't do it just that it would be easier and cheaper to just take off the caps.

How much did they ding you to convert it?

We do perform conversions on the Compact models to include the 2.5-10x24. We offer reticle upgrades/swaps as well as turret conversions. You have the choice of capped zeroing adjustments or exposed ZeroStop. An exposed non-zerostop is not an option on the compact model. The turrets are of a new upgraded design over what came on the 2.5-10x24. The MOA adjusments are capable of 20moa per revolution. The milradian are only 5mr per revolution.

You can have your 2.5-10x24 brought up to the enhanced model for $600. That includes new adjustments, the Power Throw Lever (PTL), and NVD illumination settings. Reticle upgrades are $350

You would need to contact Customer Service to obtain an RMA# at (208) 476-9814 x201

My older model (maybe 1996) is the 1.75 x 6 that was used for big game hunting. it has caps and requires a coin to change elevation or windage. Nightforce recently explained it is too old to be supported for an upgrade to hand turned turrets.

Hold over and wind were not much of a factor for a charging water buffalo. Would love to salvage it for tactical use since it has a front focal plane, 1/8 inch clicks and a lighted reticule. has a simple T reticule. Anyone having a solution would be welcomed.

We do perform conversions on the Compact models to include the 2.5-10x24. We offer reticle upgrades/swaps as well as turret conversions. You have the choice of capped zeroing adjustments or exposed ZeroStop. An exposed non-zerostop is not an option on the compact model. The turrets are of a new upgraded design over what came on the 2.5-10x24. The MOA adjusments are capable of 20moa per revolution. The milradian are only 5mr per revolution.

You can have your 2.5-10x24 brought up to the enhanced model for $600. That includes new adjustments, the Power Throw Lever (PTL), and NVD illumination settings. Reticle upgrades are $350

You would need to contact Customer Service to obtain an RMA# at (208) 476-9814 x201

Sorry for the off topic question, Do you still sell the x24 to Mil and LE qualified individuals?