• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF 2.5-10x32 Torque Spec?

BlueWater

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2014
I've looked at the manual but am a bit confused about the torque spec for a NF 2.5-10x32. I'm mounting it in an ADM Delta.

Any help?

Thanks for the input.

That's what I did for the last scope that I had used in the mount Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10. Had to send the scope in for warranty work and they replaced it (free of charge) claiming it had been over torqued in the mount.

Wanted to play it safe on this one. I may start out at 15 in-lbs and tighten as needed.

Thanks for the input.

That's what I did for the last scope that I had used in the mount Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10. Had to send the scope in for warranty work and they replaced it (free of charge) claiming it had been over torqued in the mount.

Wanted to play it safe on this one. I may start out at 15 in-lbs and tighten as needed.

I wouldn't worry about it and torque it to the recommended 20-25in-lbs. You don't want it too lose and to move in the mount.

Just out of curiosity how did you check the torque on the Vortex?

Nightforce specs up to 25in/lbs on their rings. I highly doubt they would spec this if it would damage their scopes. I have mounted and used a lot of NFs at this spec with no issue. Torque to at or under 25in/lbs and you’ll be fine.