• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nf 8x32 for elr

parker_chp

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
scott, TN
I'm building a switch barrel target rifle on a stiller LA with a 30 moa rail in a xlr chassis. I will have a mag and standard bolt and plan on doing a 338 edge for going to 1760+. My question is with only 65 moa + 20moa in the reticle will the 8x32 get me out there. Most of my shooting will be under 1k at paper targets and bottles with none mag cals. My other choice is the ATACR but the higher magnification seems to out weigh the extra $500. Any thoughts from people with experience in this area.

I am a huge fan of the 8X32. I would choose this scope over the ATACR I like the idea of being able to use the extra power when the weather is permitting. I sold my 8X32 to buy the new ATACR scope and I made a mistake now I am looking for another 8x32. It will be close on your MOA to get to a mile I would suggest getting a 30 or 40 MOA base and the 8x32 scope.

I used a 12-24 for shooting 1790+ and had it set on 22 the whole time to be able to spot and correct windage calls.
There is plenty of clarity at 22x at that range.

MLC- You mean the 12-42 right? I sold my 42x Nf and never looked back. I had the same experience as you. ATACR has been best for me. I have been able to resolve .308 strikes on steel at 1234 and a 1" orange circle in black background at 1953yd. The increase in adjustment range and improved clarity outweigh magnification for me. The 42x just magnified every small movement and any mirage too much. YMMV.

I run a 8-32 nxs npr-1 1/8 elev and win on my 6.5x47 lapua it is so cool to watch the 130 vld bergers impact on the 1165 steal at thunder valley. I also have one on my dta srs a1 260 and anouther on my winchester stealth ll .243 wssm. I have a atacr on my 338 lapua I wish I could get an 8-32 nxs npr-1 with the elevation travel of the atacr. I guess you could say that I like the 8-32 nxs.