• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NF ATACR 5-25×56 for comp rifle

Yeah man it does look almost like some kind of filter, unfortunately that’s pretty close to exactly what it looks like. I will say this, it’s sharp as hell, it literally has extreme resolution on par with anything I have and that’s pretty extensive, it also has a great dof and the eyebox is pretty forgiving.

My only issue is the color and contrast, it just kind of kills the rest of the good attributes. Again, it’s the bland/flat yellowish view that’s more reminiscent of looking through a car window with a fine film of pollen or dust.

The nx8 by comparison torches it on color and contrast and is a noticeably and immediately brighter scope.
So, I love my 5-25 ATACR as well... it is super sharp and the contrast and color on mine is great as well.... I have had a few 4-16s, a 7-35 and I currently run a 4-20 on my work rifle, and my 5-25 is not behind my 4-20 in any way that I have noticed.

I also have several 5-25 PMIIs, a 5-25 TT, 5-27 ZCO and now a 5-25 Mark 5HD that has yet to get out into the field... My 5-25 is leaps ahead of one of the scopes it replaced a Gen 2 Razor... don't get all the hate it is receiving.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
I just picked up a NF 5-25x F1 build within last year, and a 7-35x ATACR F1. Both have Mil XT. I think they are both good. 5-25 is a little big compared to other options out there. Definitely better then mark5 and DMR3, about on par with my XTR3 pro. But I know NF ATACR has insane durable. That’s why I bought them.

Reactions: Bigrederic
All I can make from these kinds of threads is there must be different shipments of glass or they improve thru the years idk. Side by side the 5-25 ATACR was better glass then my s&b pm2. So I kept the ATACR.

Reactions: Bigrederic
All I can make from these kinds of threads is there must be different shipments of glass or they improve thru the years idk. Side by side the 5-25 ATACR was better glass then my s&b pm2. So I kept the ATACR.

No idea.... but it seems like sound logic, or it is just how they are adjusted and preference.

Mine also says Made In America on the tube if that means anything.

No idea.... but it seems like sound logic, or it is just how they are adjusted and preference.

But it's Japanese low glass. More like assembled in America.

They don’t say “Made in America” on them. I have one, as well. It says…

IMG_9341.jpeg

I used my 4-20 atacr exclusively for hunting. Crop damage mainly. Whitetail deer mostly 100-600 yards. Only doe so ID was important to me. Here’s what I learned with my venture from 4-16 atacr to 4-20 to 7-35

The 4-20 is a decent optic and depends what you want to do for long range hunting. There’s a big difference in optics when you run them during the daytime or approach “last light” shooting scenarios

When you have to play at an optics high end of magnification limits the image really starts to suffer. Depending on the glass will depend on how much. So assume you’ll give up some of that zoom in low light. So a 4-20 optic on 20 won’t look as good as say a 7-35 atacr on 20 power in the same setting.

If you’re taking long range shots in hunting scenarios then things like positive ID, positive ID of you’re target animal among others as they move and ability to spot hits/misses and follow up shots are more important. In low light an optic like a 7-35 atacr will be more useful on 20 then a 4-20 on 20 in low light.

I currently use or have used rifles for this hunting equipped with Burris E1 4.5-14, Burris XTRII 5-25/4-20/3-15, Sightron SIII 6-24/8-32, NF NXS, NF ATACR 4-16/4-20/7-35, ZCO 527. I now use the 7-35 atacr and ZCO 527.

This of course would depend what you’re hunting and what your rifle specs are. But I prefer scopes with more magnification than needed for ID and light gathering compared to their lower powered counterparts for what I do.

Creeping up on 40 kills between coyotes and deer from 600-1200 yards for reference. This is what I’m basing my experience above on

I didn’t think my 4-20 was much of an upgrade over my 4-16. The glass wasn’t next generation or anything like that. If I was going for a compact platform for a hunting rifle I would just get the 4-16X42 atacr or step to the 4-20 ZCO. I didn’t think the 4-20 atacr size was worth the optic quality upgrade.
40 kills is rookie numbers get those up!