• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF ATACR 5-25 parallax adjustment

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Boise, ID
Good evening, ran into something today while shooting my 338LM topped with NF ATACR 5-25 that I wanted to run by the group. I was not able to get the parallax adjusted out of my scope at the 1000 or 1570 yd line. At both distances I had the knob turned all the way to the infinity symbol but moving my head around, the reticle was still moving around on the target.

Is this normal? Is this something I should run by NF customer service?

I've got some other 5-25 ATACRs I could check but I didn't have them at the range with me today. I feel like all my other scopes I'm able to get the parallax adjusted out of even at these long ranges. I had no problem removing parallax at the 100 yd line for zeroing.

Reactions: Badjujuu
No, it’s not normal. I have no knowledge of your experience or proficiency with setting up your optics, so don’t take this the wrong way, but I’d start over and go back to the basics.

Completely re-setup your ocular adjustment from scratch. Make sure your eye relief and ocular adjustments are perfect, and try it a second time.

Maybe have a second person try it as well to see if they are experiencing the same thing.

If it’s out of adjustment unfortunately you’ll probably have to send it back but before you go through the trouble, I’d make sure your ocular is set correctly and get verification from a buddy. Might just need to get it next to one of your other NFs. Maybe your eyes are just going bad like mine ;-)

Reactions: KZP
Can you get parallax free anywhere along the travel of the knob? Don't go by the numbers, look through the scope and adjust to see if you get no parallax.