• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF ATACR 7-35 does this sound right?

flyright

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Just mounted my ATACR 7-35 and it seemed to be off factory zero when boresighted for my base so I bottomed it out and and went up, counting clicks, and found that it had a total of 370 clicks (mil scope w/ .1 mil clicks) total from bottom to top. This (37.0 mils) is way more than the stated 27.3 mils on the NF website. Does this sound right? If so, this is more than my ATACR 5-25 (advertised as 35 mils) never counted those clicks. Now I might have to check them out...

Yes, it’s been stated here many time the 7-35 has nearly the same amount of travel as the 5-25 so there’s really no reason to look at a 5-25 aside from price in my opinion.

Well, there's also a significant difference in size between the 7-35 and the 5-25.

Having had both side by side on a table, they are damn-near the same size, wt, and length.

Well, there's also a significant difference in size between the 7-35 and the 5-25.

I mean if we’re talking differences(in tolerances) we use when we’re reloading ammo then yes you’re correct but you’re not correct.

The 7-35 is 16" long, the 5-25 FFP is 15.3, the 5-25 SFP is 14.3. I replaced a 5-25 SFP with with the 7-35, and the difference in size was a lot more than I expected. The difference with the 5-25 FFP is a lot less, but the 7-35 is still bigger.

The 7-35 is 16" long, the 5-25 FFP is 15.3, the 5-25 SFP is 14.3. I replaced a 5-25 SFP with with the 7-35, and the difference in size was a lot more than I expected. The difference with the 5-25 FFP is a lot less, but the 7-35 is still bigger.

Yea but comparing the 7-35 to a sfp 5-25 is apples to oranges. Moot point.

Reactions: B-P-UU
It seems that I have read on one or two threads that the 7-35 has it's resolution boosted over the 5-25. If this is true, that would be a good reason for me to go for the 7-35.

Everyone’s eyes are different but I certainly feel that it is. And I’ve spoken to a couple others that feel the same.

Anyone unhappy or bitchin about the size or weight of the NF 7-35, go pick yourself up a gen 2 Razor and you'll come to love the ATACR.. Larger magnification optics tend to be larger in size, if you're trying to shave weight grab yourself an AMG, that's what it was designed for..