• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF mil-spec warranty

redhooker

Minuteman
Jun 15, 2012
Northeast FL
I almost pulled the trigger on a used NF F1 army spec, but I read they only come with a 10 year instead of lifetime. That was a deal breaker for me unless this is not true. Does anyone know why the shorter warranty? I did a search and read an hours worth of old threads (wow-and just to be clear I could care less what the turret is marked) and found nothing about this so thx for any assistance.

Re: NF mil-spec warranty

Been there read that. But the catalog states every Nightforce model comes with a lifetime warranty. I was not sure if the 10 year warranty only applied to the ones they actually issue the military.

just does, they probably feel that since it's glued together it's not something they could fix anyways. Regardless, you would be better off going with an F1 with a different reticle like the MD 2.0 plus you will get the better warranty.

The Military scopes were never intended to be released into the civilian market. They are military order overruns.

Having said that... imagine for a second how tough they must be if they have a 10 year warranty in the hands of marines?!

When I saw that warranty I laughed and thought, "Either these things can be used as a baseball bat... or Nightforce is trying to get some publicity with these".

Keep in mind, if you buy one of these, they will be as they as forever, you can't change anything on them.

Thanks for the replies. There was a good deal on a used one, and I would be fine with the reticle, but I would rather have the lifetime warranty for resale. I have been wanting to pick up a FFP scope for a while just to see how I like using it, and if I want NF I'm gonna try to get a good deal on a used one.

If you need warranty service; the 10 year warranty on our MIL-SPEC Product is more limiting than our execution.

It is not our intent to leave any of our customers hanging.

We believe in the philosophy of treating others as we would expect to be treated.

Thanks that's what I like to hear. I missed that deal wondering about it but if I see another I may have to jump on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In other words, NF rocks.</div></div>

Ya pretty much what he said.

The mil spec is worth picking up if you have the opportunity.

All MIL-SPEC NF NXS riflescopes endure:
Test 1. Simulating depth test of 100 feet, this test exceed current U.S. military specification requirements by up to 25%. (Not a big deal for most Shooter)

Test 2: The internal components are test against the effects of rapid temperature and pressure fluctuations encountered by HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening). (Not a big deal for most Shooter)

Test the will apply to the rest of us are below... If the tests above apply to you I have one thing to say. LUCKY…

All MIL-SPEC riflescopes undergo twice the amount of impact testing of a commercial NXS riflescope to ensure they can withstand abuse from the battlefield.

All MIL-SPEC riflescopes are 100% inspected both before and after environmental testing procedures to ensure consistency, repeatability, and to prove the integrity of the product at every stage.

Mechanical components on all MIL-SPEC riflescopes are assembled in a permanent fashion to maintain product integrity when exposed to extreme shock and high frequency vibrations, such as full auto-fire and explosive environments.

All optical elements are bedded in a proprietary Mil-Spec bonding agent (no glass-to-metal contact).

Tracking accuracy, reticle tilt, maximum adjustment range, between-power deviation and adjustment backlash are all of higher standards on a MIL-SPEC riflescope. They exceed the strict specifications of our commercial NXS product line, and are held to tolerances unmatched by any other scope manufacturer.

OPTICAL QUALITY & PERFORMANCE
All MIL-SPEC riflescopes are built using only the best optical elements chosen from each lot received from our lens element suppliers.

All air-to-glass surfaces receive our proprietary broadband multi-coating, exceeding the toughest Mil-Spec abrasion test.
Resolution, contrast, color correction and reticle sub tension are maintained at levels up to 5% higher than our commercial products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need warranty service; the 10 year warranty on our MIL-SPEC Product is more limiting than our execution.

It is not our intent to leave any of our customers hanging.

We believe in the philosophy of treating others as we would expect to be treated.

</div></div>

this, and the fact your product works well for me and is priced acordingly is the reason i will continue to use and recommend NF products.

Jake

Soon as I muster up some funds, I plan to buy a Mil-Spec scope as I am in love with my other Nightforce scopes. Absolutely the best value... period.