• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes NF MLR2 reticle

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia
    I had a chance today to throw some rounds through one of the new NF 3.5-15 F1's with the MLR2 reticle. I've been using the MLR reticle for a couple of years now and have been perfectly happy with it, however the new MLR2 is very, very nice. Easy to see right down to the lowest magnification, nice subtensions, and I actually kind of like having just the center crosshair illuminated. Since many people ask how a reticle looks at its lowest magnification I've taken a few pictures to illiustrate the MLR2 from 15X to 3.5X. I didn't think to take pictures while at the range with a target in the background but I think the white background will get the point across.

MLR2

15X
    IMG_3627.jpg

8X
    IMG_3628.jpg

5X
    IMG_3629.jpg

3X
    IMG_3630.jpg

It's difficult to truly convey what a reticle looks using a picture but even at 3.5X I found that the hash marks of the full mil marks are still somewhat visible. Of course if you need the magnification set at 3.5X to shoot a target then chances are milling and hold off/overs are a distant consideration. I will say that I do like how NF extended the crosshairs out farther, it certainly helps at lower power settings.

Re: NF MLR2 reticle

I like the reticle. Wonder if they are going to to offer it on their standard SFP line.

Anyone know why they chose not to illuminate the entire reticle?

I just got mine today and mounted it on an AE. I agree with Ian: The MLR2 looks like a winner.
    smile.gif