• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NF NXS in 2021? (C434)

slickalaus12

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Hey Guys,
I have never owned NF or anything even close to that price range. I have an opportunity to potentially trade for a package that includes the NXS 5.5-20x56

This is a very highly reviewed scope, but from 2015. I know glass quality is subjective, but is the glass quality still "very good" today and justifying the 1800 usd price tag?

I personally own a Midas Tac and Forge 4.5-27x50 which I think would be considered mid-grade glass, but 5 years newer . Should I expect a significant bump in glass quality from the NXS given that what was "great" glass 5 years ago may not be considered great anymore?

I own a few and I really enjoy everything about them other than the fact that they are falling behind on reticle options and the only one that is F1 is the 15 power version doesn’t matter to some but matters to most to have an F1, if I were you and I cannot believe I am saying this because I am diehard nightforce, I would try the new Minox LR if you are wanting the 56mm if that doesn’t matter then I would go with a NX8 for around the same price point. The NXS is a stellar scope but doesn’t have the features of the NX8 or the Minox LR for the same price point. And by features I’m talking better reticles not sure on the Minox but NX8 has digillum and Both have F1.

Reactions: slickalaus12
I agree with Friday. The nxs is a good scope, but for the same money, you'd be ahead by going with the nx8 4-32. I believe they also make the nx8 in second focal plane.

I own a few and I really enjoy everything about them other than the fact that they are falling behind on reticle options and the only one that is F1 is the 15 power version doesn’t matter to some but matters to most to have an F1, if I were you and I cannot believe I am saying this because I am diehard nightforce, I would try the new Minox LR if you are wanting the 56mm if that doesn’t matter then I would go with a NX8 for around the same price point. The NXS is a stellar scope but doesn’t have the features of the NX8 or the Minox LR for the same price point. And by features I’m talking better reticles not sure on the Minox but NX8 has digillum and Both have F1.

i appreciate your insight. because this would be in a trade, i would just be focused on the nxs as i won't have an option to buy a different one. for my purposes i'd be just using it mostly for shooting known distances, or for hunting, so dialing is fine and an in-depth reticle is less necessary.

i appreciate your insight. because this would be in a trade, i would just be focused on the nxs as i won't have an option to buy a different one. for my purposes i'd be just using it mostly for shooting known distances, or for hunting, so dialing is fine and an in-depth reticle is less necessary.
In that case the NXS I do believe would be awesome they are tanks and can take one hell of an ass kicking

I have had a few NXS optics, 15 and 22x versions. I personally like the glass quality alot, love the ruggedness and accuracy. Eventually ended up trading or selling all of them off to replace with FFP optics.

Hey Guys,
I have never owned NF or anything even close to that price range. I have an opportunity to potentially trade for a package that includes the NXS 5.5-20x56

This is a very highly reviewed scope, but from 2015. I know glass quality is subjective, but is the glass quality still "very good" today and justifying the 1800 usd price tag?

I personally own a Midas Tac and Forge 4.5-27x50 which I think would be considered mid-grade glass, but 5 years newer . Should I expect a significant bump in glass quality from the NXS given that what was "great" glass 5 years ago may not be considered great anymore?
NXS is a great optic, but the design is old and other things will have more to offer you at the same price.