• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF NXS or Mark 4

Deano

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
So. California
Looking to get a new scope that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a little while and am now ready to dish out the cash. Was thinking about the NXS 5.5-22x50mm or the Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm. What do you guys with experience with these 2 scopes recommend? Thanks for any help.

Re: NF NXS or Mark 4

Best bang for your hard earned money, Nightforce.(IMHO)

I have had both of those. I still own the NF 5.5-22x50!

I would go with the Nightforce. Illuminated, zero stop, its a great scope. I have both in the mlr/mlr config and love them both. The nightforce just has a couple more bells and whistles. If your cost conscious then the Leupold would be the way to go.

Either way you can't go wrong! They are both great optics that provide some really good performance imo.

Im in the same boat. Im going to add this topic to my watch list and pop back in from time to time.
smile.gif

Thanks for the post!

OK, another vote for the Nightforce. I don't think I've had the Leupold that you're referring to, but I've had a Leupold in the past that had some tracking issues.

read up, there are at least a billion threads that ask a similar question, Nightforce vs. Leopould, the answer will almost always be Nightforce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _RJ_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best bang for your hard earned money, Nightforce.(IMHO) </div></div>
+1 NF 5.5-22x50 NXS is a great scope.

I recently switched to NF. I have a fleet of Leupy's (one of which is a Mark 4 4.5-14X50) that had to go back due to "tracking problems" (the windage turret had to be replaced) within 500 rounds of being new. My vote: NF

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking to get a new scope that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a little while and am now ready to dish out the cash. Was thinking about the NXS 5.5-22x50mm or the Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm. What do you guys with experience with these 2 scopes recommend? Thanks for any help. </div></div>

As others have stated, preference would be towards the NF.

However, cost difference could be enough to sway me towards the Leupold. If you can find an excellent deal on a used one and save a lot, I'd consider the Leupold. NF generally hold value better than Leupold.

I have seen several threads like this one in just the few months since I have been on this site. I have never seen the consensus of the thread in favor of the Leupold. NF seems to be the reigning champion around these parts.

I have one and love it, but I am a newb so "grain of salt" and all that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen several threads like this one in just the few months since I have been on this site. I have never seen the consensus of the thread in favor of the Leupold. NF seems to be the reigning champion around these parts.

I have one and love it, but I am a newb so "grain of salt" and all that... </div></div>

I have both a Leupold ERT and a Nightforce. Both are MLR/MLR which is nice. The nightforce has the zero stop and illuminated recticle both of which my Leupold doesn't. The Leupold is a great piece of kit, it just depends on what you want.

Nightforce. I had Leupold 4.5 - 14 for about 5 years. I finally sold it and got a NF. Best thing I could have done. If budget would allow, just about all my scopes would be NF.

Hey thanks for all the input, I was leaning toward the NF also, and I think that seems to be the favorite too. One more thing though, what can I expect as far as what I will be able to see and at what range? For example will I be able to spot .308 holes at 600 yds. A guy at my range says he and his buddy use a Mark 4 to spot for each other and can easily see holes at 600. Thanks again.

Go NXS. I switched back in January from a MK4 4.5-14x50 to a NXS 5.5-22x56. NF get my vote hands down.

I have also been looking at these two scopes and have been leaning to the NF. Of course I'm also looking at a USO but wondering if they are really worth the extra coin or if I should just put that extra cash toward the new stock I'm also looking at.

Glad I used the search feature! Any opinions on my small offshoot of the same issue?

Between NightForce and Leupold, it shouldn't even be a question. The Leupold dreams of being a NightForce when it grows up.

+1 for NightForce NXS.

as soon as i get a few loose ends tied up, im going Nightforce all the way. i dont care if i have a long wait, it will be well worth it. leaning towards an F1.

I'll agree with the other 19 posters... NF (if you can't afford.. just save a bit more).