• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF or IOR ?

biggjake

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2002
Las Vegas,NV.
Which scope would you go with if you were looking for a $1600-$2000 scope with at least 25X magnification for long range (1000yd+) use? I have several NF NXS's,but have been thinking about getting one of the new IOR's for my next build (7WSM).Thanks

Re: NF or IOR ?

NF all the way. NXS if it's tactical in nature, BR series if it's precision bench work simply because of the .125 MOA adjustments for precise shot placement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biggjake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which scope would you go with if you were looking for a $1600-$2000 scope with at least 25X magnification for long range (1000yd+) use? I have several NF NXS's,but have been thinking about getting one of the new IOR's for my next build (7WSM).Thanks </div></div>

Not trying to rain on your parade, but the "best" IOR scope currently made is the 3-18x42mm FFP MIL/MIL Snipers Hide Edition.

The only over 25x Tactical scope IOR makes (under $2K) is the 9-26x56mm; which is a SFP MIL/MOA scope with 50 MOA of adjustment. Will 50 MOA be enough adjustment to get you to X + 1000 yards?

Nightforce is a bit better with it's 8-32x56MM SFP NXS. At least you get 65 MOA of adjustment and a choice of a MOA reticle to go with the MOA turrets.

Nightforce seems like a no brainer in the over 25x category. If you drop your requirement to 24x, then a bunch of scopes come into play.

Just saying.....

With my limited experience and what I've seen I would go with a Nightforce ..

I dont care who you stack it up aganst a nf WILL hold there own, and when you factor in cost vs. quality its the best! No question nightforce.

NightForce for 3 reasons

1. Its stupid reliable
2. Its stupid reliable
3. Its the best bang for the buck scope out there right now

I'd do another IOR, I've owned 5 of em and they are supberb. The new one in MOA MOA FFP 3-18 looks cool. NF is a glorified Leupold in my opinion.

I have both a Mark 4 and a NXS, they aren't anywhere close to similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> NF is a glorified Leupold in my opinion.</div></div>
I agree in some regards, all the Mark 4s and NXSs I've owned have had similar qualities; they have both been reliable and have good glass. Some other options out there have excellent glass and help support the global shipping industry with warranty returns.