• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF rings don't even say NF any more?

bhoges

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
What gives? Its been a while since I bought a set but damn they look too plain. Not worth the money thats for sure. When did they stop marking them?

Re: NF rings don't even say NF any more?

I've thought the same thing. They don't look much different from Mk4 rings.

They stopped marking them around summer of last year. Same ring, no NF on top. As for their quality, I think they are the best rings you can buy for a 30mm scope, mine never come loose even after 500 rounds of 7mag.

Get some Seekins Precision. Great quality and a nice big "S" on the top.
wink.gif

photo1.jpg

They aren't worth the money because they don't put a logo on top? Do they hold zero? Do they get a positive grip on the scope's main tube? Who gives a shit about putting a logo on the top? It doesn't affect the functionality of the rings one way or the other.

Yeah great rings but they are missing something.

I bought mine new about 3 years ago and they didn't have a logo even then.

Both sets of NF rings I've had didn't have a logo. One set was purchased in 2006 and the other 2010.

Aww damn now nobody will know you paid allot of money for a set of rings, that don't really do anything a whole bunch of other brands won't.

Personally I prefer my gear not bearing logos. Engraved before finishing isn't so bad, but I still prefer none.

After reading this, I got curious and nope, no logo on mine either.

My NF rings don't have a logo on them. I just checked and my Badger Max 50 rings don't have a logo on them either.

I had some slippage with the NF rings, that's why I got the Badger's. No more scope movement. I suppose I should add, before someone tells me I didn't have it mounted correctly, that I have a Badger pic rail on that rifle and it is JB welded to the receiver. I also have a torque wrench and the rings were properly torqued.

I don't mind plain. I don't like overly distracting logos either(not to say NF had that). Simple is fine by me, as long as it works as advertised.

Generally speaking, I actually don't like to wear logo's unless someone is paying me to do so. So, the slick look actually appeals to me.Are you paying for the quality of the rings or the cool NF name? I have nothing against NF rings, I think they make a quality product with or without their logo on it, but I am with Rob, buy Seekins rings. I buy them even though they put a cool "S" on them, simply because they are the best. I am sure NF would be happy to give you some sticker to put on your rifle if its that important.

My Nightforce rings don't have a logo, but neither do my Badgers.

Haven't had any issues with either. It's fine not having a logo. I don't need everyone knowing how much I spent on my "cool" rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get some Seekins Precision. Great quality and a nice big "S" on the top.
wink.gif

photo1.jpg

</div></div>

Got some seekins lows on my gun and love them.

I run Seekins and NF, can't go wrong with either one...

FWIW, my NF Unimount is only marked on the surface below the scope tube, seems to be CNC-ed. Filled in by black anodizing though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What gives? Its been a while since I bought a set but damn they look too plain. Not worth the money thats for sure. When did they stop marking them? </div></div>

Maybe you would like Nike scope rings?

My problem with companies not branding gear like that is that it's one less thing counterfeiters have to worry about replicating. Not that it's super hard to replicate a companies brand, but it's one more step in the process that slows them down.

True if a set of NF rings was for sale it is somewhat harder to tell the brand w/o some sort of factory markings. Doubt there are many NF fakes out there but at the same their marking wasn't over the top it was just a simple stamp.

My first set of Seekins rings didn't have a logo engraving. My new set does. Should I feel the new Seekins rings are "worth it" and I got ripped off on the old set? Go to a machine shop and get a logo engraved on it. I suggest a Rolex crown or Ferrari badge. Even laymen that see your rings will come away with the perception that those are "really expensive rings".

It takes all of 10 extra seconds with a ballnose end mill go put on an engraving on a machining center. A logo is hardly the "precision" part of manufacturing rings so a logo isn't going to stop counterfeiting. Should we start a thread on using white paint to fill in logo engravings so everyone can see what rceiver you're running from 10 feet away?

Good grief!
You all got the tactical rings, it’s part of the sheath technology built into them...
Stop complaining.