• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF SHV 4-14x50 FFP elevation correction

greg1147

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Sep 12, 2017
    Virginia
    I have a NF SHV 4-14x50 FFP mounted on a AR 10 6.5 CM that actually cycles on a consistent basis. While zeroing the the NF the POI was 2 mills above
    POA with no adjustment for elevation left. So me being not to be a "don't fuck with it" I did. The Vortex tool fit perfect in the brass slot under the elevation cap. Made a couple of clicks CW as I recall, reinstalled the the cap and had enough to get the zero. The NF manual doesn't any info so must be one of those return to factory things. The only other adjustment is a hex screw in the center of the brass which I did not fuck with, question is anyone had a similar issue,
    and what I do to get the elevation adjustment I needed. Reticle adjustment is my guess. Tech is appreciated.

I don't think that is entirely right. After you set the SHV to your designated zero you should be able to loosen the screws, rotate it to 0 while pressing down on the top cap, and lock down the screws. If you get it right then you shouldn't be able to rotate past 0 at the bottom end. If you don't have the bottom adjustment you need, you should loosen the screw in the top turret, give yourself some play, lock down the turret, rotate down, and reset Zero. At least thats what I do.

Reactions: USNavy06 and BCP
    Took couple of pics. From other pics it looks there may be have been a change in design.

e5YZNb8.jpg

ELW259r.jpg

yKa9ang.jpg

It’s called “zero set” the turret will bottom out once you have it set. If you run out of elevation loosen the screw pull up on the turret a little and retighten the screw. You now have more adjustment.

Once you have your zero, loosen the set screw align it to “0” and push the turret all the way down until it won’t move and tighten the screw.

1686139461461.png

Thats what they are talking about here, confusing mostly because they use the "zeroset" terminology

They use that terminology because it’s not a true zero stop. It acts similar to a stop but you can travel past your zero by a few moa/mils