• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NFA Transfer

Re: NFA Transfer

Yea, but the few I have spoke with so far want 50$.

Is that the norm for a transfer?

Dude, that is a good price. Stop trying to bargain shop, you will have zero luck in the class 3 world doing that.
A class 3 dealer here charges 80-100 dollars for a single transfer!!

My new dealer charges $50.00 for a ticketed transfer, wether its 1 can or 20. I always order my cans in groups of 2 or more. Makes it more worth it.

I wasn't sure what the 'norm' was/is. I guess if 50$ is a bargain then I will pick the closest and best customer service.

Seems I will be lucky then, I have some as close as 15 miles away.

Just out of curiosity what is involved to make 50-100$ on a transfer? I have no idea yet but that seems like a good rate if it were to take an hour of your time.

There is extra work to deal with when you are dealing with NFA items. Not only does the dealer have to deal with the Form 4 and the 4473 when you come pick it up, he has to store it for however long it takes for the paperwork to come back from the ATF. Now that could be a cheap 200 dollar suppressor to a 30-50k dollar machine gun he is going to be liable for in that time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is extra work to deal with when you are dealing with NFA items. Not only does the dealer have to deal with the Form 4 and the 4473 when you come pick it up, he has to store it for however long it takes for the paperwork to come back from the ATF. Now that could be a cheap 200 dollar suppressor to a 30-50k dollar machine gun he is going to be liable for in that time. </div></div>

Plus he is married to your paperwork for a loooong time !!!!

Depending on what it is you are buying,it might be cheaper to buy it from him and let the dealer take his mark-up.That is the situation here with the two guys I deal with.And no fee if they sell it to you.