• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NG from mid Hudson Valley

XTCBoltAction

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
Salt Point, NY
Hi all.
I'm from the mid Hudson Valley in New York.
My interests are all in 'cross the course' [XTC] rifle competition.
I participated in 1992, but really got started in 2007. While I've gotten some great coaching tips from several people, the vast majority of my 'coaching' has been by myself, which actually just means lots and lots of live fire practice and experimenting with whatever I can think of.
Fortunately, there's a 100 yard range about 8 minutes from our house.
A couple years ago I got classified as 'High Master' in XTC competition.

Until this year, I have been using a 'match' rifle built on an AR15 platform. Starting this winter, I moved to bolt action rifles in a Competition Machine chassis. If you're familiar with the course of fire for XTC, there are a couple rapid fire stages ['rapid' is all relative - in XTC it basically means 10 shots in 60 or 70 seconds with a mag change]. Maintaining a solid firing position while working that bolt quickly is a real learning experience. I have looked wistfully back at the AR many times!

I decided to join Snipers Hide to join in some of the great discussions that I saw here.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Welcome from CO