• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Nice AR

Arboreal

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2008
Young, AZ
www.hellsgatetactical.com
Maybe I don't get out much but I just think this is a good lookin rifle. My AR is just kinda black. I guess somebody in Arizona makes these. It has a Wylde chamber, Lothar barrel and walnut furniture. Nice.

SDwood4.JPG

Re: Nice AR

I like a nice wood stock as much as anybody and whilst that AR shows a certain amount of creative thinking and originality, I'm not too sure that I like it all that much.

The pistol grip and handguard just look.....odd. Could probably be improved with a little more work on the shape (and finish).

But you'd still be left with the question "why?"

I have seen those wood sets at gun shows - they have some very nice wood. It would be nice to have for a show piece but I wonder how well it would stand up to some serious range time? How hot would it make the wood?

I do like thought as there is nothing nicer than pretty wood on a rifle.

I saw some laminated wood stocks for an ar andI thought they looked pretty good.

Well try to imagine if the AR was blued and not anodized...this particular set is different than the others I've seen, with the cheek rest and side vents on the handguard. I'm not partial to blued steel and walnut either, but it does have a certain rustic appeal to it.

Maybe wood is just dead. It fought a good fight and now it's over. But man I want to hang that thing on my wall! I would like to see the metal blued as well, that would just tie it all together.

The in between style above misses the mark for me.
I do appreciate the concept, but I think an upper without forward assist would be aesthetically more attractive.

Add a scope in a clean mount like the LaRue, a grip more like the Tango Down grip and also using a free float tube inside a wood fore end that is set up to ride in a front bag would make a nice varmint gun that is easy on the eyes.

Wow, I like the look of that a lot. Definitely more of a wall gun than something you'd beat on at the range. I appreciate good woodworking and nice hardwoods. I don't think I would drop the cash to buy something like that but I would certainly ooh and ahh at it if I saw one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep, after lengthy deliberation, I have to conclude that it is "fugly" </div></div>

Yup.

Mick

I love wood... on my furniture, car interior accents, spa, etc. But on an AR - not so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GH ordered 10 sets</div></div>

LMAO!

He can always use them as firewood for a hog roast if he finds out later that they're made by MagPul!!
wink.gif