• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Nice Clausing-Colchester lathe on ebay

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
The C-C is a premium lathe. There is a very nice, older model, on ebay right now. Item #170511455491.

I used to be a machine tool mechanic, and I sure this would be a great garage/gunsmithing lathe. The hole through spindle is 1 5/8". It only has a 4 jaw chuck, so a 3 jaw would have to be purchased.

Re: Nice Clausing-Colchester lathe on ebay

I use my 3 jaw as a door stop,
smile.gif

"I use my 3 jaw as a door stop"

I sure don't. I keep one of my Clausings set up with the 4 jaw, for chambering, and the other lathe with either the 3 jaw or, 6 jaw, for other tasks.

That Clausing-colchester went for $1,875. The ways looked super. Probably would be much better than Jet or other import lathe for about the same price. Was in Ohio.

Colchester is a good machine, Harrisons are good as well..My money is on LeBlond or Nardini's, I've always enjoyed chamber work on those two platforms..