• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    Lynx Study NE Washington State Incredible animals...look at the size of the "snowshoe" feet.

Lynx348.jpg

Re: Nice Kitty

Amazing photo! I grew up in Port Angeles, I've seen a couple cougars, and a couple bobcats. I didn't know there were lynx in WA.

I got a Highland Lynx for a pet. What a great cat! Acts more like a dog then a cat. He will play fetch, come when you call his name. Very cool cat. The ears are the same, eyes are close but that is about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a sleeper hold, Fred ? </div></div>
    Yeah, she was out like a light.

Believe it or not, bobbies and Lynx, when raised from kittens make very cool pets.

There is a guy in Spokane who has a boat propeller business that used to come to the sportsman shows with his pet bobcat. The thing was pretty cool.

Wild animals seldom make good pets. That is the reason there are laws against it.
    RTH

How do you have a lynx as a pet did you find it in the wild when it was young?

There is actually a place in Montana that breeds and sells them as kittens to people who live in states where it's legal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....Im a big fan of cats </div></div>

me too! they taste like chicken...

Neat photo. Had a friend that had a pet Lynx for a bit. Just wasn't done properly so it was taken to a local zoo I think.