• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nice large rifle cases

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    I got a Pelican 1750 for my ax338,which was my first real nice case. I quickly fell ok in love with how sturdy it is, how much it can fit and most importantly it's wheels! I didnt even cut out the foam, since I don't use it for flying or anything. I just took the center foam piece out and now I use it for all my rifles. The pressure from the bottom and top foam keeps everything in place well.

Anyways, it basically only fits 1 rifle and an AR10 upper. I want something now where I could fit atleast 2 big scoped rifles (like an ax308 and an ar10) or maybe 3 small rifles(like separated ar's) .

Is there anything like that out there at a reasonable price?

I have a Starlight 52" case. Before I got my AIAT, I also just took one of the foam pieces out and I was able to put a Remington 700 and one of my AR's in it. I made a cut out for my AIAT and with my AT, I can make a cut out for my AR's or Remmy on the bottom foam and carry more than one gun but it would be pretty damn heavy. Another combo that I do but it is pretty tight is my put a 16" AR10, a 16" 5.56 AR and my 300BLK upper on one side. It's a heavy case and built very well. I kind of wish it had wheels but I don't fly/travel with it so I probably would never use the wheels.

Last edited:
    I have a Starlight 52" case. Before I got my AIAT, I also just took one of the foam pieces out and I was able to put a Remington 700 and one of my AR's in it. I made a cut out for my AIAT and with my AT, I can make a cut out for my AR's or Remmy on the bottom foam and carry more than one gun but it would be pretty damn heavy. Another combo that I do but it is pretty tight is my put a 16" AR10, a 16" 5.56 AR and my 300BLK upper on one side. It's a heavy case and built very well. I kind of wish it had wheels but I don't fly/travel with it so I probably would never use the wheels.

It sounds perfect except the no wheels part. The wheels are probably my favorite part of the case!

That's strange, my Starlights all have wheels. They are great cases, every bit as good as a Pelican. I stopped using them for normal use long time ago(too heavy and bulky) and use drag bags now, Starlight only for airline travel for security.

Kinda in the same boat here looking for a quality heavy duty soft case or hard case to handle a 375 running in the 68" range.

Cheers