• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nicest ranges?

Rlbol

Master Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
FL
I am not sure this is the best place to post this. If there is a better section please let me know.

I am going to have some time to be traveling around. Mostly the east coast area. And wanted to shoot at some of the nicer long ranges. Whether they are historical or just nice places to shoot!

Please post your favorite ranges!

I will have to look that one up!
Thanks

What about other long range shops to visit? Or related attractions?
I always love seeing new stuff I never know I couldn't live with out!

Volusia County Gun and Hunt club on SR-44 Central Fl. Shooting out to 1200 yds now but
they are getting a range to 1760 yds. Very nice guys shoot there, all willing to help you
shoot better.

Thank you!
Looks like a nice place. I will check it out!

Any one have recommendations for Carolina coast and va areas?

Being from NM I have spent a fair amount of time there!
Thank you for the post though!

Raton is supposed to be the cream of the crop, alas I have never been.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center near Ione is fantastic.

SCOTG in Lauren's, SC. Up to 1000 yards of 2/3 IPSC steel. Longest range in SC. I just joined a couple weeks ago. Look them up on Facebook if you plan to be in the area

That is quit a list! Thank you very much

Thunder Valley Precision in Ohio - 12" steel out to 1200yds, steel at 1760yds and another steel plate at 2400yds. And some of the fastest most accurate rifles built.

I have not made the trip up to the panhandle but I am trying to get to k&m some day!

I was able to spend the day at volusia gun club. Any one in the Orlando/Daytona/ space coast area do yourself a favor and go visit it!

I would be a member if it was closer to me!!

i havent been there, but as far as the "nicest" range goes, i'd have to say the Scottsdale Gun Club takes the cake.

With regards to best shooting experience, I'd say middle of nowhere BLM desert B)

Just FYI, you need to be a member of Rockcastle, ORSA and Strategic Edge to shoot. You can shoot at Rockcastle when they have organized fun shoots or matches. ORSA when they have F class matches. STE is members only but I think they starting some benchrest macthes. Point is, you can't just show up and shoot at these without competing or being a member.

Forgot to add Thunder Valley did let me come shoot when I was in town once. Very nice. Will do there again next time I'm up there.

Last edited:
K&M is also members and guests only, other than competitions and training. There are quite a few K&M members on the Hide, though, so there's always a good chance you can find someone willing to sponsor you onto the range as a guest.