• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nickel Boron BCG's?

I have a WMD and after about 10,000 rds its still doing its job. It's supposed to have a thicker coating of Nickel boron than others.

the 308 ones are crap. AR-15 ones are good to go. I like NP3 better than NIB

Also check out phase five tactical. I have used 3 of their bolt carriers and no complaints so far, although not many rounds through them.

I just got one of the super match rainier arms ones. I'll let ya know how it does when I can put some rounds through it.

I have a core15 Nickel Boron BCG in my AR-15. No complaints yet. Cleaning is a breeze. I don't think they make one yet for .308, but they should.

Basically some of the carriers had rough bearing surfaces on the rails and damage the upper as they ran. Rainier , Black Rain, Harris Tactical , WMD guns all bought carriers from the now defunct 762 industries. Plus for the most part NIB coatings are BS since they add material to the bolt and carrier, the expensive carriers and bolts tend to have either EN or NP3 coatings and are designed to take in to account the coating thickness in the part dimensions

Basically some of the carriers had rough bearing surfaces on the rails and damage the upper as they ran. Rainier , Black Rain, Harris Tactical , WMD guns all bought carriers from the now defunct 762 industries. Plus for the most part NIB coatings are BS since they add material to the bolt and carrier, the expensive carriers and bolts tend to have either EN or NP3 coatings and are designed to take in to account the coating thickness in the part dimensions

Good info thanks

Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I have two NiB from Shadow Ops waiting for me when I get home to finish two builds, so I'll give them a good inspection prior to running them. Shadow Ops Weaponry. 308 caliber / 7.62 x 51 Bolt Carrier Group

Is there anymore info on this? Got any links? I have a 762 industries 308 NiB BCG brand new I got a few months ago sitting in my safe waiting for a lower to finish my build. I have to say mine looks like pretty good machining and plating. Fits the upper no problem. Never could find a dimensioned drawing for a 308 BCG to check measurements.

Here is the thread on on AR15.com, I can't find the one I posted about this months ago on there.

I'm not really happy with my Rainier Arms Match Grade .308 BCG.... -

Me being unhappy about the carrier on my local board

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=785581

Other people saying the same thing

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=810398
Is there anymore info on this? Got any links? I have a 762 industries 308 NiB BCG brand new I got a few months ago sitting in my safe waiting for a lower to finish my build. I have to say mine looks like pretty good machining and plating. Fits the upper no problem. Never could find a dimensioned drawing for a 308 BCG to check measurements.

Same carrier, Black rain also sold them. Some were worse than others. Just check the rails.

For those wondering what I am talking about

Rainer / Harris / 762 industries

Carrier-3_zps081973d8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

LMT 308 carrier rail - Armalite is smooth as silk too.

Carrier-4_zps226e82a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for the reply. I have two NiB from Shadow Ops waiting for me when I get home to finish two builds, so I'll give them a good inspection prior to running them. Shadow Ops Weaponry. 308 caliber / 7.62 x 51 Bolt Carrier Group

If you're looking for a great BCG and wanna spend the little extra you were gonna spend for a nickel-boron coated one, you might as well look at the JP Ent. They don't coat 'em with that, they use something very slick instead, but it's machined immaculately. It's very smooth, lots of attention to detail. They are all I use on AR's now, I can't speak for their .308 models, but they look like they're made the same.

I haven't found a better functioning one for AR's yet.

The bottom picture is of the LMT /KAC carrier that is great, smooth as glass. Top one not so much

If mine look like that, I might just be testing their "no questions asked" warranty. Thanks for the heads up.

+1 for "one shot-one kill"

Have spikes NiB .223 BCG and it is Sweet! Looks great, runs great, cleans easy. What more can you ask for?

If you want the best, check out the JPs. Fail Zero makes a nice one also. We have some mil spec NiB M16 carriers coming in the next week or two, bolts are a few weeks out also.

I haven't used a standard black carrier in a long time, NiB is the way to go.

AAC uses NiB as well form their uppers.there is a video of Mike Mers cleaning an SBR AR that had close to 3k rounds put through it suppressed in a short period of time. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Nib works and similar coating , my issue with parts that have been coated / phosphated prior to NIB or NP3 or EN+PTE coating and it adds material thickness where there shouldn't be any. Also some places are applying coating that are in that same family but not really that great and passing it off.

I would put Ionbond's Diamondblack (aka "D/B") up against any of these coatings. Ionbond is an electronically deposited tungsten vapor only 3 microns thick yet with a Rockwell hardness of 90. Carbon just doesn't stick as much to it plus it wears amazingly well.

Young MFG centerless ground hard chromed (an R62 substrate for the D/B coating) carriers, with LMT proof round tested, MP-inspected bolts and LMT or BCM internals. Everything D/B coated down to the gas rings.

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

If I were to tell you how long these D/B coated gas rings last, you wouldn't believe me.

i had a Daniel Defense bolt carrier that was IonBonded and i was not impressed. i saw noticeable wear on the rails that the bcg carrier uses to ride on. it was slick and the finish was a beautiful deep black but i was surprised at the wear it received. my np3 carriers feel smoother and do clean up very easily. i have the WMD bolt carriers and i like them.

As I am concerned about the machining marks on the bearing surfaces in my 762 industries Bolt carrier (just like the pictures above), I just ordered a new phosphate coated .308 bolt carrier (on sale) from Brownels, with a DPMS gas key and screws, delivered for $95. WMD website says they will NiB-X coat it for $60... Will use the 762 industries bolt/cam pin/firing pin as they look ok.

As I am concerned about the machining marks on the bearing surfaces in my 762 industries Bolt carrier (just like the pictures above), I just ordered a new phosphate coated .308 bolt carrier (on sale) from Brownels, with a DPMS gas key and screws, delivered for $95. WMD website says they will NiB-X coat it for $60... Will use the 762 industries bolt/cam pin/firing pin as they look ok.

You might consider getting the carrier coated (regardless of the coating you select) before attaching the gas key. Reason: The curing temps can cause the thread locking compound used on the cap screws to off-gas and discolor the whole batch being coated. Guess how I know???