• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Vision Crossbow Hog Killin' - Part 2

Eric-TNVC

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
SOUTH
www.tnvc.com
In this video, we shot and killed a feral hog with a crossbow while using NODs and a IR laser. This was filmed at Wild River Ranch in Victoria, Texas. Kyle (the shooter) got pretty close to this group, maybe 30 yards. The hog he shot, the arrow passed straight through (double lung), and dropped at about 50 yards off screen. What I thought was interesting, is the fact that after Kyle shot the crossbow, the rest of the hogs were barely even spooked. They moved maybe 15 yards and continued to root.

Details on the equipment we were using, are below;

BARNETT QUAD 400 CROSSBOW
PEQ-15 LASER
TNV/SENTINEL GOGGLES
HEADHUNTER BOLTS
NAP HELLRAZORS
LAUNCHPAD LIGHTED NOCKS

To my knowledge, this is the second hog kill with a PEQ-15 mounted to a crossbow.

Hope you guys enjoy the video!

trans.gif

Wow looked like they all did not scatter for the hills, like happens when you light-up one up with Rifle .

Nice. I've been hunting for years with a N550 on my crossbow.
I didn't know if it would take the abuse of the double recoil effect, but it's held up.
It's the only way to hunt the larger varmints in the suburbs of NY city.
I used to use luminoks, but gave up since I couldn't recover half the arrows fired and without the glow, the clueless neighbors don't really notice the raccoons nailed to the trunks of their trees.
I also added a silencer/stabilizer kit and it works great for cutting the noise down.

Nice. I've been hunting for years with a N550 on my crossbow.
I didn't know if it would take the abuse of the double recoil effect, but it's held up.
It's the only way to hunt the larger varmints in the suburbs of NY city.
I used to use luminoks, but gave up since I couldn't recover half the arrows fired and without the glow, the clueless neighbors don't really notice the raccoons nailed to the trunks of their trees.
I also added a silencer/stabilizer kit and it works great for cutting the noise down.

We wouldn't have used the lighted nocks, however, I wanted to make sure people could pick up the arrow in flight on the video.

Looks like a nice buck in the background

Oh yeah, there were many nice bucks in the background on these hunts. We unleashed on a few nice sized hogs on a fence line, and out of nowhere a nice sized buck jumps the fence and into the crossfire. Fortunately we all had seasoned vets and experienced hunters, or that buck would have become a product of his environment.