• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Vision Live-Fire event!

Delta4-3

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2013
Arkansas
We are holding an awesome Night Vision Live-Fire event outside of Austin, Tx, October 17th-18th. Military and LE have the 17th and the 18th is open to anyone. The fee's are paid straight to Dakota Meyer's (Marine Medal of Honor Recipient) foundation, For Those Who Gave All. Dakota will be present as well to meet and greet and hand out prizes.
One of the great things about this event is that we have so much industry support that you stand a very good chance of getting some free gear, whether it is a Team Wendy helmet, one of the two dozen Surefire lights, Night vision from Armasight, guns, scopes, etc. There are a TON of prizes!
Also, there are plenty of full auto weapons to shoot for free, SBR's, and silencers. There is a 600 yard KD course where you can shoot with Clip-On night vision devices, a couple carbine courses, a pistol course, a night vision driving course, and best of all, a helicopter that you can go for an aerial gun run in! At each lane, there will be an instructor, mostly ex delta or SEALs that will give instruction on using night vision device. It is a great time to get some pointers from those who know at no charge.
Also, each participant will get some first class barbeque, and a free T-Shirt. There are several vendors that will be set up with some great gear to try out and/or purchase.

This event will also be kind of a 2015 pre-show. The concept is this; Instead of having people look at the latest gear at SHOT show and see how good it looks on a display table, they can use night vision that has not been released yet in person and evaluate it in the field on a weapon or helmet. There are a LOT of new night vision systems that will be debuted at this event. Having seen some of them and been in on the development of some, I can say there is some awesome NV/Thermal gear coming out soon! Also, you will get to use a new Class 1 laser first hand that will blow any other C1 laser on the market out of the water, and you'll be the first people to see it.

I look forward to meeting any of you who are coming! There is a lot more taking place at the event that haven't typed out, but feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have regarding the events.

We can only take a limited number of people this year, so sign up early! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Vendors please feel free to contact me if you are interested in participating.

tHDxHbv.png

Alright crew, it looks like Steve Reichert will be there too! So, there will be some pretty prominent guys not only on the 600 yard night vision precision (yup, mad rymes) course, but all the other lanes as well. Recoil magazine will cover the event in print and video. It's growing quick!

Just an update:
In addition to all the sponsors who have already donated door prizes, the following companies have also donated since then.
Brownell's
Norotos
Wilcox
Vertx
Ranger Up

The prize table is getting AWESOME. To bad I'm not eligible to win anything...more for you guys I guess!

There will be a lot of thermal there as well....and several thermals that will be released for the first time. One of the primary idea's of this event was for manufacturers who are sponsoring the event to be able to release new products where people can use them, shoot them, and actually get a feel for how they work, then report on them, as opposed to going to SHOT and saying "yeah, it looked great on a display table". The event is growing rapidly. Next year we already have 4 events lined up, each themed differently, in different areas around the country, all with HUGE industry support. The first quarter of next year we will host a night vision multi-gun match, with all the night vision provided, or you can use your own.

Jim Smith, the Ex-Delta Jim Smith, will be running the precision rifle lane where we will have long guns set up with clip on night vision devices. It will be a great opportunity to pick up some training on long distance shooting at night. I will be working a couple different lanes, so you probably won't learn anything from me other than I have a really short attention span and pick my nose without thinking about it, and that I walk like I just got out of prison. In all seriousness, I will be doing my best to provide some training tips. Several NSW guys, one other ex-delta guy, and a 25 year Swat vet will be running the other lanes. Myself and my 1/75 brother will have a little training in a couple areas, such as how to move efficiently with nods, drive with nods, and probably some CQB stuff.

The BBQ will be great, as will the free t-shirts! Come on out and have a good time.

I might add that if anyone is wanting to get in to night vision but has no experience, this is a great time to get hands on use with most every type of device out there, for free. It will make the decision much more comfortable than trying to decide over the phone. I'll be glad to give anybody a thorough rundown of each unit they are interested in.

If there is anything particular, and feasible, that you guys think needs to be on the prize table, I'll see what I can do to accommodate.

Can we bring some of our own toys or will that monkey up things too much?

Also, the fees are different on the flyer than on the reg site... Which is correct?

Sounds like fun, how will prizes be dolled out? Actual ranking based on performance on specific lanes or door prize raffle type thing? Will it help to bring our own toys or use those provided? Sound like a great opportunity!

Also, the fees are different on the flyer than on the reg site... Which is correct?

Ah crap, thanks for pointing that out. I'll contact the guy over that side of things in the morning and have him square it away, to the cheaper side if possible.
Thanks!

Also, I don't mind a bit if you want to bring your own gear. It may get a little congested on the lanes to run it there much, but there are always other people that like to check stuff out, and it will be nice for walking around with.
I can guarantee you that I will be walking around with nods on.

Sounds like fun, how will prizes be dolled out? Actual ranking based on performance on specific lanes or door prize raffle type thing? Will it help to bring our own toys or use those provided? Sound like a great opportunity!

A little of everything. Some stuff will be raffles, a lot will be door prizes, some will be for range performance, and some will be entirely random.

Just to clarify, what I should have typed earlier:
Individuals are free to bring NV or thermal, but guns behind the lines introduces too much liability on our part. Concealed Carry? I would be disappointed if you didn't.

Oakley is also now a sponsor and is donating some shwag and gear for the prize table!

You're getting real close to having a tailgater from R-Kansas to Austin.

It'll be worth it! It looks like Yeti is going to supply the beverage cooling devices so we can all avoid hydration. Of course they will end up on the prize table as well, I just have to find a bigger table now!

It says spots are limited, I already bought my spot but my dad may or may not be in town and most likely wont know until the day before if he will be. Would it be possible to buy a last minute shooting spot for him should he be available to go? Looks like a lot of fun.

It says spots are limited, I already bought my spot but my dad may or may not be in town and most likely wont know until the day before if he will be. Would it be possible to buy a last minute shooting spot for him should he be available to go? Looks like a lot of fun.

Yessir, we will make room for him.

Changes to the event!
To make it more worth your money, and more accommodating to people who are traveling, you can come both nights, regardless of whether or not you are Mil/LE/civilian. Also, if you already paid, and you can only stay one night, you can bring a friend and they will be covered under your entry fee.

This will also make the prizes easier to divvy out, and more fairerer.

Getting closer! There are more and more exciting additions as well.

I will actually be up in the DFW area that week from Va. so I will definitely come down and do some shooting, looks like an awesome event. Already registered

I will actually be up in the DFW area that week from Va. so I will definitely come down and do some shooting, looks like an awesome event. Already registered

I look forward to seeing you there!

This looks awesome! I think my dad may come visit all the way from Florida just to attend with me.....

I need a few details... closest airport? Any lodging in the area? Camping on-site? I *may* get a few buddies and head down there. It'll be T-shirt weather for us!

I need a few details... closest airport? Any lodging in the area? Camping on-site? I *may* get a few buddies and head down there. It'll be T-shirt weather for us!

The closest airport is Austin. There are only two hotels in Marble Falls, and both are booked. I am looking into alternatives now and will post back as soon as I get a lead on some. There isn't any camping on site unfortunately. I'm crossing my fingers for nice weather!

Updated list of sponsors:
Armasight
ATK
Brownell's
EOTech
GT Distributors
Heligunner
L3
Oakley
Ranger Up
Surefire
Team Wendy
TNVC
Triarc Systems
Unity Tactical
US Optics
Vertx
Wilcox

There are some other possibles. I will have an updated list by the middle of next week once they are confirmed. Thanks for all the support so far!

Signed my wife and I up. Thanks Aaron, this is going to be a very cool event.

Signed my wife and I up. Thanks Aaron, this is going to be a very cool event.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you guys there! Make sure you hit me up when you get there. Also, you are welcome both nights in case you missed that earlier.

So no personal guns on the firing line, right?

What does the $100 range fee include? Ammo? If so, how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no personal guns on the firing line, right?

What does the $100 range fee include? Ammo? If so, how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay! Correct, no guns on the firing line. The fee includes dinner, a t-shirt, and ammo for each lane. (right now a mag per lane) If attendance turned out to be less than expected, we will pass out more ammo. There will be a couple vendors there with ammo as well.
Thanks!

Sorry for the delay! Correct, no guns on the firing line. The fee includes dinner, a t-shirt, and ammo for each lane. (right now a mag per lane) If attendance turned out to be less than expected, we will pass out more ammo. There will be a couple vendors there with ammo as well.
Thanks!

cool.

my brother and I will be there!

It's almost here! Make sure you bring a small backpack, or something so you have a way to keep your hands free and still tote your free stuff around. Also, hit me up, I would love to meet any of you. I am on the NV carbine lane, just look for the guy with a gimp limp.

Will there be stuff to do in the daytime or just shoe up at dusk ? Can you pay at the gate ?

Yessir, you can pay at the gate.
There will be some meet and greet stuff during the day, some briefings, but nothing like what is going on at night.