• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Vision on Rifle

oubeta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2003
Edmond, Oklahoma
I have a dedicated NV scope (D-740) mounted on my AR-15 with BUIS.
Does anyone have any experience using a MUM or PVS-14 in conjunction with their high power day optics?
I know they work great with an Eotech or Aimpoint, but I've never used one with mounted behind or infront of my day scope.
Can you mount the PVS in front of the scope? That way would wouldn't have to worry about your eye relief being way off when you remove the NV. I've seen guys move their scope way forward and mount the NV behind the scope and it seems to work pretty well.

thanks

Re: Night Vision on Rifle

I tried mounting my PVS-14 in front of my Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 on my Mk12 Mod0 and the POI was off by a couple inches. From what I have read this is pretty normal.
I also mounted it behind the scope on the same rifle, which worked fine as long as I kept the magnification around 6x. The only issue with monting the PVS-14 behind the scope is I need to move the scope further forward so I need to keep two zero's.
Because I really couldn't use the full magnification of the scope I am now saving money for a D-760 and I will keep the PVS-14 on the rifle with the Aimpoint.