• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Refurb question

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
I can acquire 2 Simrad clip on night vision devices. The model that has an approximately 8 inch lenses and clips to the front of a rifle scope. They are dated early 2000s. Is there anyone that will do a refurbish and if so what would a ball park price to complete. I know they are not worth anything. No one will take them for trade in. They huge but seem to work well.

Jay at sureshot night vision is the go-to guy for all things clip-on. I would give him a call and go from there.

I can acquire 2 Simrad clip on night vision devices. The model that has an approximately 8 inch lenses and clips to the front of a rifle scope. They are dated early 2000s. Is there anyone that will do a refurbish and if so what would a ball park price to complete. I know they are not worth anything. No one will take them for trade in. They huge but seem to work well.

There is no one refurbing simrads because they take a special non inverted tube that is somewhat proprietary due to the beam splitter/fab design.
truth be told the tubes in the simrads still quite easily hold their own and since they were not mass produced and only sold to gov/mil they all had excellent tubes in them. keep the simrads and use them or sell them as is because they definitely still have value. i guarantee you wont see a giant gain in performance even if they could be retubed.

Last edited:
Reactions: softcock and DIBBS