• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Vision Scopes

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
Who out here is shooting ATN scopes? Which ones?

Is the Gen2 even worth messing with or should a guy save up for a Gen 4?

I see the Pulsar are reasonably cheap but I am one "you get what you pay for" so I am doubtful!

Re: Night Vision Scopes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF41780</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who out here is shooting ATN scopes? Which ones?

Is the Gen2 even worth messing with or should a guy save up for a Gen 4?

I see the Pulsar are reasonably cheap but I am one "you get what you pay for" so I am doubtful! </div></div>

There is NO such thing as Gen 4, just marketing hype. The Mil has never designated anything officially Gen 4. Hopefully that will assist you in your thought process to do your research carefully. Hope this helps.

Vic

I went through the same thought process and ended up buying 3rd Gen PVS14 with an ITT tube & adj.Gain. The tube life of GEN 3 is alone worth the cost difference to me. Runs on a single AA battery and the image quality is simply amazing.

There are some cheap Gen 2 units floating around and I am sure they work and much better than nothing at all but the GEN 3 is in a class by itself. Painfully expensive but worth it.

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IS GOING TO BE BETWEEN GEN 1 AND GEN 2...mY OPINION IS GEN 2 IS GOOD ENOUGH....iF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO SPEND THAN GET GEN 3....ATN COULD BE CONTACTED AND ENSURE THAT THE TUBES ARE IN FACT US OPTICS....THE TRIDENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST OUT THERE....HOPE THIS HELPS...I MYSELF AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE AN/PVS 2 SCOPE....THE AN/PVS 4 SCOPE IS NOT BAD EITHER....I PREFER EITHER OF THESE...

You should just call up TNVC and tell them your application and budget. With the knowledge, support, and deals they offer, not much sense in doing anything else.