• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision?

grinnergetter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
NW Indiana
I would like to get a rail mounted NVoptic to put in front of my regular scope for night hunting(not poaching)and it seems low end stuff is my only choice. Good stuff seems to be for LE and military only.
Any reason for this or know of any suppliers?

Thanks Grin

Re: Night Vision?

There's a LOT of NVG info on here, including recommended suppliers, via the search function, & or Sniper's Hide Google search engine.
Just as an FYI, most NVG units mount behind the day scope, unless you start spending a lot more than it sounds like you have set aside for picking up some gear.

http://www.tnvc.com/home.html

Where I was going to go....until I realized I don't need it.

Realize this, for the good stuff, you could have an AIAW or GAP with S&B glass and all the trimmings.

I got a D-740 3rd gen from TNVC a few years ago. Never regretted it. Compared it to a friends PVS-22 and prefered mine. My buddy thought it was clearer also. I just take off my day sight{4.5x14 Leupold} and snap on the D-740 and I'm GTG. Zero is within 1/2 MOA.I shoot 2 liter bottles at 400yds with it. The gun is a custom 6.8 AR, 18in barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haydenlake71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pinzmann, do you have a sight for a guy to check one out? </div></div>

Seriously? You might be surprised if you read ALL of the posts....like the one above where I list the website for you...plain as day.