• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nightforce 1-4 or wtf where should i be

grunt soldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
indianapolis
should i rock this or a uso. i really want mil/mil and zero stop. i can probably drop 1200 if i have to. i already have larue mounts just need something to drop in them. its either or. i can get a uso for 1k or night for around the same amount. i was considering the acog but really its the same price and you need to be shooting the 62 grn bullets. any advice ??? i would like a zero stop just for connivence. i will be using this out to 500 w/ my pws rifle. its gas piston. i mean i thought about a eotech w/ mag but just haven't used one out to my distance's described. any help is greatly appreciated

Re: nightforce 1-4 or wtf where should i be

They both work great and i'm sure whatever one you get you would love it. Nightforce is cheaper. A new NF 1-4 mil on mil are $1459.00.

Mike

Decide which distances you will be shooting most, also how important is a quick snap shot? The red dot w/o the magnifier is very fast for close stuff, but good glass is an asset when you have a smaller target at distance, also concider weight and include the mount. Thee is no "correct" answer, it all depends on your application, but I do like a 1-4x scope on an SPR type carbine although I'm using a Leupold on a LaRue SPR mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csGunWorks.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They both work great and i'm sure whatever one you get you would love it. Nightforce is cheaper. A new NF 1-4 mil on mil are $1459.00.

Mike </div></div>

In this case, the USO is actually cheaper. You can get an illuminated SN-4S for 1300.

I think there is one for sale here for $900 if he wants to avoid the wait.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1319545#Post1319545

Zero stop isn't an option for the USO though, I don't know about the Nightforce. I know it is available on the 2.5-10x32mm NXS, unsure about the 1-4. I really don't see the need for a zero stop on a 1-4 powered optic IMO.

Also consider that the 1-4x NF w/zs is a single turn optic. Other words, you only get one full revolution of the elevation turret w/zs which I believe is 5 mils. Since u r only going to 500, you should be good. If u go with mildot reticle, u can hold or dial. I looked at the FC2 reticle the other day and I believe it to be much faster than the mildot reticle. Again, it depends on your need. Good luck.