• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NIGHTFORCE ARMY SPEC F1

Re: NIGHTFORCE ARMY SPEC F1

It will take me a while to get to 100 posts as well, not because I am afraid to ask stupid questions.
I find you learn tons of information on this site just by searching for it.If you have a certain Question it has probably been asked before.

big thanks to this site

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just by reading this a have to come to the conclusion that it will take me a long time to get to 100 posts.think i will stick to lurking around for some time </div></div>

Agreed - now I'm afraid to post something stupid and step on my dick and get scared away!

My 2 cents - kinda dicked jumping on this guy from the get go; his concern that maybe the optic that he paid a premium $2300 because it was mil-spec wasn't what was advertised was ridiculed with about fifty people telling him how stupid he was. Not a very inviting atmosphere for new members, and kind of goes against the sticky up top saying to not do it.</div></div>

Well guys don't take it personally if or when it happens to you. Chances are this guy learned a little and if he sticks around he might just learn alot. I'm only a member and I've been banned once or twice before for going too hard on some jackass that pissed me off. So I've learned to tone it down a little. About him wanting a Mil-Spec collectors item, most collectors know just what to look for and exactly what they are getting. So bitching with the company about it was kinda retartded, but posting that and continuing to bitch after the company came out and apologized for the misunderstanding was something most expect from a punk teenager. This isn't anywhere near as bad as he would have gotten a few years ago. It's like the conversations have moved from the locker room to the hall way. When you get a bunch of Alpha males in one location getting picked on is common place and most of us find it entertaining. Just take it in stride and give shit back. Everyone started somewhere and sometimes you don't find what your looking for even with a search. So don't be afraid to ask questions, just try not to ask the same question 15 others ask an hour before you. It'll still get answered by someone just with a smartass comment inbetween. Of course something like this thread is bound for disaster no matter what. Good luck guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deergrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will take me a while to get to 100 posts as well, not because I am afraid to ask stupid questions.
I find you learn tons of information on this site just by searching for it.If you have a certain Question it has probably been asked before.

big thanks to this site </div></div>

+1000000!!! If anyone is thinking they have a dumbass question, try a simple search for it and 9 out of 10 times its been asked before!!!! Saves you from crying into your pillow at night cause some meany head called you out for being a compete fucktard.
laugh.gif

I just got one of these from Midway and the cap is marked Mil Spec. I would be happy to post a picture but I am new to the forum and don't see how to load one.
best wishes,
jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have them in stock and the say ARMY-SPEC F1 on the under side.

C154_ARMY_MIL_Sp_4f44a5c0b29a5.jpg

Here is a like to them.
http://www.cstactical.com/OPTICS/Rifle-S...mm-Mil-Dot.html

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Bought a couple of these from Mike, he took good care of me. Don't really care how they are marked, they are for me to use, not for the bling factor. (I even took the inspection sticker off!)

So, what exactly is the difference of this scope compared to Nightforces NXS F1 other than the markings?

Fucktard is an awesome word for this guy, he is probably a COD sniper with poison ivy on his f stick

Link the the NF Mil-Dot
<span style="font-weight: bold">All MIL-SPEC NF NXS riflescopes endure:</span>
Test 1. Simulating depth test of 100 feet, this test exceed current U.S. military specification requirements by up to 25%. (Not a big deal for most Shooter)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Test 2:</span> The internal components are test against the effects of rapid temperature and pressure fluctuations encountered by HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening). (Not a big deal for most Shooter)

Test the will apply to the rest of us are below... If the tests above apply to you I have one thing to say. <span style="font-weight: bold">LUCKY…</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">All MIL-SPEC</span> riflescopes undergo twice the amount of impact testing of a commercial NXS riflescope to ensure they can withstand abuse from the battlefield.

<span style="font-weight: bold">All MIL-SPEC</span> riflescopes are 100% inspected both before and after environmental testing procedures to ensure consistency, repeatability, and to prove the integrity of the product at every stage.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mechanical components on all MIL-SPEC</span> riflescopes are assembled in a permanent fashion to maintain product integrity when exposed to extreme shock and high frequency vibrations, such as full auto-fire and explosive environments.

<span style="font-weight: bold">All optical elements</span> are bedded in a proprietary Mil-Spec bonding agent (no glass-to-metal contact).

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tracking accuracy</span>, reticle tilt, maximum adjustment range, between-power deviation and adjustment backlash are all of higher standards on a MIL-SPEC riflescope. They exceed the strict specifications of our commercial NXS product line, and are held to tolerances unmatched by any other scope manufacturer.

<span style="font-weight: bold">OPTICAL QUALITY & PERFORMANCE</span>
All MIL-SPEC riflescopes are built using only the best optical elements chosen from each lot received from our lens element suppliers.

All air-to-glass surfaces receive our proprietary broadband multi-coating, exceeding the toughest Mil-Spec abrasion test.
Resolution, contrast, color correction and reticle sub tension are maintained at levels up to 5% higher than our commercial products.

Link to NF C154 MIL-SPEC NXS 3.5-15x50mm

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubergeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
... (I even took the inspection sticker off!)
</div></div>

shocked.gif

What rifle does the Army put these on and since when?

CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to
Army SF. First they used the Mil-Dots and then switched to the Horus H58.

These scopes came about during the transition to the H58.

The F1 Mil-Dots started about 3 1/2 years ago with the transition to the H58 about 2 years ago.

Prior to the F1, they were issued primarily to the Navy with second focal plane 5.5-22x56 with .250moa ZeroStop and Mil-Dot reticles back in the Mod 3 era. The Army then started getting Mod 4's with 3.5-15x50's with Mil-Dots and .250moa adjustments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

The F1 Mil-Dots started about 3 1/2 years ago with the transition to the H58 about 2 years ago.

Prior to the F1, they were issued primarily to the Navy with second focal plane 5.5-22x56 with .250moa ZeroStop and Mil-Dot reticles back in the Mod 3 era. The Army then started getting Mod 4's with 3.5-15x50's with Mil-Dots and .250moa adjustments.

</div></div>

So does this mean NF can put a H58 reticule in my mildot F1?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have them in stock and the say ARMY-SPEC F1 on the under side.

Mike @ CST </div></div> And me a month away from bonus time... Do you do layaway?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

So does this mean NF can put a H58 reticule in my mildot F1? </div></div>

This!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

So does this mean NF can put a H58 reticule in my mildot F1? </div></div>

This! </div></div>
Nope...
Because everything in the MILSPEC scopes are permanently glued in place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubergeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bought a couple of these from Mike, he took good care of me. Don't really care how they are marked, they are for me to use, not for the bling factor. (I even took the inspection sticker off!)

</div></div>
nfmount11.jpg

What!!!???
Lowlight left the inspection sticker on his MILSPEC Nightforce...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

So does this mean NF can put a H58 reticule in my mildot F1?</div></div>

Yes, if it is a commercial scope and not MIL-SPEC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RustyShackelferd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It makes me a little sad inside knowing this guy owns such a nice scope. </div></div>

Not just one......3 of them.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

Yes, if it is a commercial scope and not MIL-SPEC. </div></div>

I didnt know they made commercial FFP scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

I didnt know they made commercial FFP scopes. </div></div> http://www.cstactical.com/OPTICS/Rifle-S...l-Rad-H-58.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

I didnt know they made commercial FFP scopes.</div></div>

For 3 years now we have sold the 3.5-15x50F1 commercially.

I guess i worded that wrong. I know anyone can get an F1. The question I originally asked though was if somone who owns one could have their reticule changed from a mil dot to a H58.

(not arguing with you at all im just rehashing this to figure it out)

You said yes they can as long as its a commercial scope and not Mil-Spec.

and yes its obvious NF has been selling the F1 scopes "commercialy" for a while now.

So whats the difference?

Am i understanding this right, F1s are sold commercially, but not all of them are commercial....... some are commercial some are mil spec?

And by mil spec we are talking about the internals of the optic being Epoxied. No?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

Why not the Mil-Spec versions?

Just curious...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRANE put the F1 on the Mark 13 Mod 5 platforms that were issued to

</div></div>

Why not the Mil-Spec versions?

Just curious...
</div></div>

As mentioned above, the MIL-SPEC scopes are assembled in a semi permanent fashion. All threaded parts exposed to externally are bonded with an epoxy like compound so that they remain air and water tight under extreme conditions. It is not always possible to disassemble them without breaking expensive parts.

That is the reason they are over runs. If we could have simply retrofitted them with H58's when the Army decided to make the switch, we would have.

The decision was made to release them commercially.

Either way, great that they are on the commercial market.

Will there be any released with the H58 Reticle?

I would pick one up, but I am fairly committed to the Horus system at this point and most of my data and experience tends to be on that system so Mil Dots would be a whole other system to pick up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a lot of good info here.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

haha then im glad im asking the right questions
wink.gif