• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce ATACR 4-16 x42 or NX8 2.5-20 for 6.5 gasser

@C_Does thanks for the response. Really value your opinion having tested both. I think for the money the Helos is an absolute great scope. In practical use the reticle is great. But when trying to punch those tiny little groups I can tell the center dot is hindering me. When I dial down 2mil and then use the cross mark at 2mils down I shoot tighter groups. Also I feel the clarity is lacking some at 12x. But again for the price it’s been great. Now I gotta decide if dropping the coin on the Atacr is worth it for what I do.

Reactions: C_Does
@C_Does thanks for the response. Really value your opinion having tested both. I think for the money the Helos is an absolute great scope. In practical use the reticle is great. But when trying to punch those tiny little groups I can tell the center dot is hindering me. When I dial down 2mil and then use the cross mark at 2mils down I shoot tighter groups. Also I feel the clarity is lacking some at 12x. But again for the price it’s been great. Now I gotta decide if dropping the coin on the Atacr is worth it for what I do.
I'm happy to help. 12x is a touch soft, but even so for the price it's still better then some. Exactly it's a DMR scope on a Hella budget.

I've seen some 4-16's here for around $2k.which is a Lot of scope. However that puts it right in line with thr Nx8 2.5-20. Which is another great option. Especially if you want a touch more mag. And don't mind non locking elevation, a smaller main tube, and a reticle that is hard to see below 4/5x.