Nightforce Atacr 4-20 x50

Glassaholic

Send it!
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Black Forest, CO
    I like the 4-20 range too. Do you have time behind a S&B 3-20x50 PMII? I'm talking about the regular model, not the U-S. If a guy could score a gently used example for @ $2.2K, would it be worth consideration? Do you know if it tunnels at low mag like other PMII models? Seems like this S&B might be the goldilocks scope I'm looking for.
    Yes I do have experience with the standard PM II 3-20, in fact, it was my very first Schmidt and I absolutely loved it, just wasn't a fan of the reticle (H2CMR). I like it more than the Ultra Short as I believe it performs better optically. If you have found a PM II 3-20 for $2200 and like the reticle I would jump all over that! In fact, if you decide not to, send me a PM with the link as I would be interested ;)

Oh, and TP is right, it does not tunnel. I believe the PMII 5-25 is the only Schmidt design that does tunnel, but they have a boatload of scopes so do not quote me on that.

TacticalPlinker

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2012
    You give me more credit than is due. ;) I don't want to speak for ILya but for me in particular I've burned a few bridges with my "honest" reviews, those reviews I think they do care about :censored:, but as for anyone actually listening to my recommendations, most of the time it falls on deaf ears - I'm just an annoying buzz in the distance :LOL: . I post here on the Hide and sometimes on ILya's platforms, but that's it, I'm not a social media guy and 2020 with cancel culture proved why, so it is likely that I fly under the radar for most manufacturer's out there. As for having a "finger on the pulse of the market" I suppose I may be "in the know" a little more than some through my various contacts and such, but most of the time I'm finding out about new products at the same time you are, there are some exceptions, but those are the "exceptions and not the rule".
    I appreciate your attention to detail. At least you are passionate on the subject matter. Don't go changing brother :)

• Haha
    Reactions: Glassaholic

SRPowah

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Black Hills SoDak
    I've been pleading for more 4-20 designs from manufacturer's, Burris (XTR II) and Tract Toric delivered on the budget end and ZCO delivered on the alpha side but there seems to be a lack of middle tier options unless you consider 3-18ish range.
    I am also a big fan of the 4-20 range, but I wouldn't say Burris and Tract delivered the "budget" end at $1200. I understand everyone has their own idea on what is considered budget, but the Athlon Helos BTR 4-20x coming in at <$600 seems promising.

If we could get a 4-20 AMG at the low/mid $2k price point, I would be ecstatic.

Glassaholic

Send it!
    Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Black Forest, CO
    I am also a big fan of the 4-20 range, but I wouldn't say Burris and Tract delivered the "budget" end at $1200. I understand everyone has their own idea on what is considered budget, but the Athlon Helos BTR 4-20x coming in at <$600 seems promising.
    I have made a vow to never buy communist crap again, okay, well maybe not a vow but financing our enemies is not my cup of tea these days, so while it's hard to avoid I am trying to only support "free" nations, but heck is the USA even "free" anymore, when you can't go into a grocery store to buy groceries without being forced to wear a mask, that ain't free, sorry, off my soapbox now.
    If we could get a 4-20 AMG at the low/mid $2k price point, I would be ecstatic.
    I think the day after I reviewed the 6-24 AMG I was asking Vortex to build a 4-20, that was years ago and I remind them every year. Maybe in a year or two we'll finally get to see another AMG and like you, I hope it is in the 4-20 range.

TacticalPlinker

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2012
    Does no one want a alpha 2-12 / 2-16.
    Absolutely

2-16×44 tactical hunter (think LRHS) for game and semiautomatic practical accuracy out to 800 on small targets with Day-light'ish illumination under 25 ounces. Would make an excellent choice for a 5.56 SPR and SR25

The ATACR 4-16 F1 is almost perfect. Just needs better low end FOV for dynamic shooting...

Glassaholic

Send it!
    Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Black Forest, CO
    The 2.5-20 works great lol. I know you love that scope.
    @SkyScrapin and @wigwamitus have been slowly chipping away at my disdain for this scope. ;) For NV application specifically with a SIMRAD it sounds just about perfect. If NF put it in the ATACR series with a better optical formula to correct for all its issues and charged another $1000 for it, I'd probably be a huge fan and singing its praises, that being said I'd also take an ATACR 2.6-13x44 with proper reticle and wide FOV.

• Love
    Reactions: deersniper