• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce atacr 5x25x56 on waypoint 2020?

Craig1959

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2019
Am getting a Springfield armory waypoint in 6.5prc with adjustable cheek adjustment. Question is what height rings should I go with also would want scope level with it. From what I understand wouldn’t want ones that are “to high” above bore center

American Rifle Company has a good description of how to measure (with pennies) for ring height. ARC

The major benefit to lower scope to bore height is a lower profile rifle. With an adjustable cheek riser, you set the rifle to the scope height. I prefer a high mount (1.25”-1.5”) for more neck comfort and a vertical head position. If you accurately measure scope height over bore and enter it into your ballistic solver, it’s not an issue for long range shooting.

Reactions: utvolsfan
That's way too nice a glass to put on a waypoint- that's like putting ceramic vented disc rotors and racing calipers on a Honda Accord.
Put an Athlon Cronus on it and spend the savings on formal training and ammo.

Reactions: FuhQ
That's way too nice a glass to put on a waypoint- that's like putting ceramic vented disc rotors and racing calipers on a Honda Accord.
Put an Athlon Cronus on it and spend the savings on formal training and ammo.
Or buy the scope, and spend the money on a better rifle with a REAL carbon fiber barrel, and not some carbon-sleeved ripoff. There's weight-reduction & heat dissipation, and then there's cheap. Springfield went cheap.

For the same price as the Waypoint, you can buy a Fierce or Christensen Arms rifle that has a REAL CF barrel.