• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce ATACR vs Leupold Mk 4

Crazy1323

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
ok, I am in the process of putting together a new lightweight 308.

I am am trying to decide on a scope, but want to keep it light weight. I have 3 5-25 F1 ATACR's and love them, however they are too heavy for this project.

I was looking at the Leupold Mk4 ER/T 6.5-20. It is FFP and only 22 oz.

my question is, will I be disappointed with the glass on the leupold after using the ATACR's?

thanks,
Paul

Hi crazy,

i have not shot behind an ATACR, however I own a mk4 ER/T and it is great on top of my TRG42, or on my tikka t3x. It is clean and with out distortion and I find it works well with an armasight co-lr in front of it. It is good glass in my opinion I suppose it all depends on what you want to do with it. Not sure if this is helpful or not.

This thread should be moved to the Rifle Scope section, you should get more answers there.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'm in the process of ordering an ACTAR for a 6.5 284 I'm building, but have never looked through one. However, I do have a lightweight 308 that I enjoy hunting with. It's a browning X-bolt stainless stalker with a 20in barrel. I have a leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 onto top and it is awesome for what I do with it. I'm comfortable out to 500 hunting, but shoot 700 at the range with surprising accuracy. Maybe a lightweight scope would be something with a little less magnification? Not sure on weights, good luck!