• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Beast or?

rat_ranger

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2014
WA
Hi, I know I just joined the forum today but I have lurked for a while. I am posing this question as I need a scope for my current build. It is a Mega Maten in .308 that I plan on shooting at 600-1000m. There is a good chance it will also get used for hunting between 200 and 500m. I like the looks of the NF BEAST, but its cost and lack of availability currently puts me off.

So my question comes down to what out there is comparable to the NF Beast in magnification and features like zero stop turrets, and reticle choice? Out of the reticles I like the Mil-R, but my experience with compensation/ranging reticles is the ACOG. Cost I would prefer less than the beast, but since it is not a rush to buy a scope around the same cost would be fine as well.

I know S&B is supposed to be top dog for quality. I also know that Steiner, Swarovski, Leupold are supposed to be good. I have heard some about Vortex, never heard anything about Khales or March. This is why I asked here. I figured someone could point me to a scope with similar capabilities from a known good company. I can google search 5-25x scopes all day and see all the companies that make them, doesn't mean what I find will be good. Which is why I came here to ask, plus asking here I thought I might get something recommended and a reason why I should go for it over others.

1.) If you did search the site you'd see the question is probably asked every few days.
2.) The ones I listed all make top tier scopes at this point. It comes down what your looking for in the scope options wise.
3.) You could literally get someone recommending every scope and they would all be technically correct for why the like it.

Well then Mods please lock or delete this thread. I'll figure it out on my own rather than ask the same thing that's asked daily.

Kahles is the tactical line of Swarovski. How much do you want to spend and for what kind of shooting will you be using it? You can't go wrong with any of the brands poison123 mentioned but if you just wanna be stupid with your money, spend it on a Tangent Theta.

Kahles is the tactical line of Swarovski. How much do you want to spend and for what kind of shooting will you be using it? You can't go wrong with any of the brands poison123 mentioned but if you just wanna be stupid with your money, spend it on a Tangent Theta.

No, a S&B 3-27 would be stupid...The TT is more like a "look what I got b/c you can't afford it" kinda purchase... I'm fine with my NF's, Steiner, Leupolds and fortunately a PH I picked up 4 months ago.

One tip-
the For Sale section of this site is awesome. Great deals sold by great people. I bought my first scope new and that was the last one I bought new. Every other scope/optic has been bought used here and they are all awesome top end brands. I have saved thousands of dollars as result.
Best of luck with your purchase!

We have some Nightforce BEAST in stock. They are cool scopes but not my fist choice. Everyone K know that has gotten one really like the BEAST.

If we can be of help getting you a BEAST or another scope let me know, our contact info is below.

1724549_706353409407175_5192813354085281606_n.jpg

Why not stick with the NXS 5.5-25X50? Great scopes, no real need to spend more money then a nightforce, it's hard for the average shooter to see the subtle differences going to a S&B or US Optics. Leupold also makes some good scopes, but NF is better in my book

Kahles 624i msr-k would be a great choice and likely the lightest of the bunch. The msr-k reticle is awesome, and the scope has every feature you are looking for plus some. The parallax knob is located under the elevation turret, making it a good feature for lefty shooters and improvised shooting positions.

We have some Nightforce BEAST in stock. They are cool scopes but not my fist choice. Everyone K know that has gotten one really like the BEAST.

If we can be of help getting you a BEAST or another scope let me know, our contact info is below.

1724549_706353409407175_5192813354085281606_n.jpg

You see and handle and use (I assume) all of the top shelf scopes... specifically what is your first pick in a long range F1 scope?

You see and handle and use (I assume) all of the top shelf scopes... specifically what is your first pick in a long range F1 scope?

At this time I have been using a few of the Kahles 6-24x and love them. All the ones shown here are top of the top and you would not be disappointed.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL