• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce f1 vs us optics lr-17

SeaBassHWD

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
I need to stick some glass on my JP LRP-07 and I've narrowed it down to these two scopes. After all the options on the USO, it'll cost about $300 more than the NF but the plus side is that it has a little more magnification.

I've only handled a USO SR8C and really liked the glass. Never handled a NF. Has anyone handled both side by side? If so, which did you like better? I'm slightly leaning more towards the NF F1 with MLR2 reticle.

I don't want to get into a USO/Nightforce pissing match, but I put a USO 3-17X T-Pal on my JP, just too much scope. Took it off, went with a more compact and lighter 1.8-10x. To me, one of the JP's selling points is its light weight. A big, heavy scope puts it (the JP) in the same group as all of the other 13 lbs.+ .308 rifles.

You can custom order a scope from USO, could take months. You could order a Nightforce today, see it on your doorstep by Monday afternoon.

Good luck.

I can't imagine you'd be unhappy with either choice. Just pick the one that has the reticle you prefer and run with it.

Get the NF or save a little money and get a Vortex Razor 5-20x50.

Get a USO and never look back - Epic glass and the EREK is worth the extra $ I had a NF and it was a great scope but I like my USO more.... Just my 2 cents worth

Have both scopes and would go with the NF F1 for that app. Lighter and better glass in my opinion. My F1 is on a 6 mm AR and performs well out to a grand.

To throw another option out there for you: The Premier Light Tactical, 3-15x. Awesome scope when weight is a factor. Same amazing glass as the more expensive Tactical model, but 0.5lb lighter, much less profile and a bunch cheaper too. I got one used here on the Hide for less than a new USO or NF F1. I also have a USO 3.2-17 and its big and not as clear in tough lighting conditions. Have used NFs before and they are fine option as well. If the Premier LT does not do it for you and you are determined to go USO or NF, I would lean F1 slightly, just for the size factor.

Get a USO and never look back - Epic glass and the EREK is worth the extra $ I had a NF and it was a great scope but I like my USO more.... Just my 2 cents worth

I had both scopes and I felt that the glass in the NF was better than the USO. Although the erek knob is very good, the nf high speed turrets are also fantastic and the uso windage knob sucks imo.

The NF is a better optic. I've had a few USO scopes and they gave me a lot of problems, my SN3 went back multiple times. The 3-4 month turn around time made it even worse.

Either one.

On a positive note, you can use either as a blunt tool if you ever need to and keep your zero.

I need to stick some glass on my JP LRP-07 and I've narrowed it down to these two scopes. After all the options on the USO, it'll cost about $300 more than the NF but the plus side is that it has a little more magnification.

I've only handled a USO SR8C and really liked the glass. Never handled a NF. Has anyone handled both side by side? If so, which did you like better? I'm slightly leaning more towards the NF F1 with MLR2 reticle.

Why not a vortex razor 5-20?