• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce F1

jwkao2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2011
So I've pretty much decided on the scope, now it's just picking the reticle. I use MOA instead of mils as my reference of measurement. Of course I would like to correlate the proper reticle in MOA to the turrets. Is Nightforce's LV.5 reticle measured in MOA or mils? And which would you recommend, the NP-RF1 or the LV.5? Thanks!

Re: Nightforce F1

LV.5 is an MOA reticle. But it is not a conventional MOA reticle. It is calibrated for a certain projectile at a certain velocity. Hence the reason it is called a "Velocity Reticle". If you are searching for a conventional MOA reticle that can be used on any caliber of rifle, the NPR-F1 is the way to go.

They are also coming out with a MOAR reticle that they debuted at SHOT. It is a MOA based reticle with 1/4 MOA adjustment. It is supposed to be avaiable to dealers in May for the NXS line.

Here is a link to the flyer for the MOAR

url]

url]

anyone know if you can buy them without the rings? was planning on a set of spuhrs. last thing i need is more stuff that i don't use.